1. What does squamous mean?
- Tightly packed
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why must the lungs maintain the diffusion gradient?
- If the gradient is not maintained, the person will suffocate
- If the gradient is not maintained, diffusion will stop because the gases have reached equilibrium
- Diffusion will stop if the gradient is not maintained.
- If the gradient is not maintained, the person will get carbon dioxide poisoning.
3. How do squamous cells aid the lungs in gas exchange?
- They speed up gas exchange
- They decrease the distance the gases have to diffuse across.
- They increase the distance the gases have to diffuse across
- They are squashed together, so more of them can fit in an alviolus.
4. How do the alvioli increase the exchange surface of the lungs?
- They have a large surface area
- They reduce the distance gas has to diffuse across.
- They are numerous and folded
- They are small and folded
5. What is the diameter of an alviolus?