1. How thick are the walls of the capillaries and alvioli?
- Three cells each
- One cell between them
- One cell each
- Two cells each
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the diameter of an alviolus?
3. Why must the lungs maintain the diffusion gradient?
- If the gradient is not maintained, the person will suffocate
- If the gradient is not maintained, the person will get carbon dioxide poisoning.
- If the gradient is not maintained, diffusion will stop because the gases have reached equilibrium
- Diffusion will stop if the gradient is not maintained.
4. What does squamous mean?
- Tightly packed
5. How do squamous cells aid the lungs in gas exchange?
- They decrease the distance the gases have to diffuse across.
- They are squashed together, so more of them can fit in an alviolus.
- They increase the distance the gases have to diffuse across
- They speed up gas exchange