1. How thick are the walls of the capillaries and alvioli?
- Two cells each
- Three cells each
- One cell each
- One cell between them
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. How far do gases have to diffuse to be exchanged in the lung?
3. How do the alvioli increase the exchange surface of the lungs?
- They reduce the distance gas has to diffuse across.
- They are small and folded
- They are numerous and folded
- They have a large surface area
4. How do squamous cells aid the lungs in gas exchange?
- They speed up gas exchange
- They are squashed together, so more of them can fit in an alviolus.
- They decrease the distance the gases have to diffuse across.
- They increase the distance the gases have to diffuse across
5. How does the transport system maintain the diffusion gradient?
- Qxygenated blood is transported around the body
- Oxygenated blood cells are removed via the capillaries
- There is low pressure in the capillaries
- The capillaries widen