1. How does the transport system maintain the diffusion gradient?
- Qxygenated blood is transported around the body
- The capillaries widen
- Oxygenated blood cells are removed via the capillaries
- There is low pressure in the capillaries
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. How far do gases have to diffuse to be exchanged in the lung?
3. How thick are the walls of the capillaries and alvioli?
- One cell each
- One cell between them
- Two cells each
- Three cells each
4. How do squamous cells aid the lungs in gas exchange?
- They speed up gas exchange
- They decrease the distance the gases have to diffuse across.
- They increase the distance the gases have to diffuse across
- They are squashed together, so more of them can fit in an alviolus.
5. What is the diameter of an alviolus?