1. Woudl you record the following dat5a as qualitiative and quantitative? An observational study is conducted into levels of psychical agression seen in 3 year old boys and grls in nursery school
- You would use both by recording the number of girls and boys showing high and low aggression levels and making notes on what you observe.
- You would use quanative as it would provide more scientific results.
- Qualitative as you would want details about just how aggressive the children have been.
- quanative as you could easily record boys and girls different levels of aggression in a tally chart for example.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a strentgh of qualitative date and a weakness of quantative data>
- Qualitative data is easier to replicate than quanative data.
- Quanatative date can be broken down into qualitative data
- Qualitative data can be broken down into quanatative data.
- qualitative data provides less in depth reasons behind behaviopur rather than just providing the statistsics of the behavhiour.
3. How could operationalize the variable in the previous question?
- Byt saying you would test recall just after the students had had a test.
- By saying you test different age groups
- By saying you would test whever word recall in 1 minute improved if you had been studying for 30 minutes prior the test or had done no study
- By saying you would test word recall after the people had just had a day off
4. What is one strength of lab experiments and a weakness of field experiments
- In a field you have little control over the situational variables so your results may be signifcantly affected and not be represenative due to this effect., where as in al ab this cant happen do to higher levels of control over SV's.
- In afield experiment you have more control over situational variables so higher precision levels than a lab where you have less control.
- in a lab you have more control over situational variables so high levels of precision are achieved, where as precision levels are lower in a field experiment.
- In a lab you have less control over sitational variables those meaning you results are more representative than in a field where you have little control over sitational variables.
5. What would be the independent variable in the following test? Testing whever y7ou can recall more words when you have already been studying previously or not?
- Whever you are focused on something or not
- Whever you have a good memory
- Whever you have been studying prior to the test or not
- Whever you have done study in the last couple of days