1. Two of the types of experimental design are independent groups and matched pairs. What is the final type?
- two comparable participants
- Repeated measures
- Rapeated Measures
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Woudl you record the following dat5a as qualitiative and quantitative? An observational study is conducted into levels of psychical agression seen in 3 year old boys and grls in nursery school
- You would use both by recording the number of girls and boys showing high and low aggression levels and making notes on what you observe.
- You would use quanative as it would provide more scientific results.
- Qualitative as you would want details about just how aggressive the children have been.
- quanative as you could easily record boys and girls different levels of aggression in a tally chart for example.
3. There are three types of hypothesis. What type is the following: Girls will have a higher iq level than boys
- This is a one tailed or directional hypothesis,
- This is a experimental hypothesis
- This is a two-tailed or non-directional hypothesis
- This is a null hypothesis
4. What is a strentgh of qualitative date and a weakness of quantative data>
- Qualitative data is easier to replicate than quanative data.
- Qualitative data can be broken down into quanatative data.
- qualitative data provides less in depth reasons behind behaviopur rather than just providing the statistsics of the behavhiour.
- Quanatative date can be broken down into qualitative data
5. There are two types of confounding variables: participant and situational. What type is the following: Tiredness?
- Tiredness is a participant variable as it is something that all participants show.
- Tiredness is a participant variable, as it is something to do with the individual taking part.
- Tiredness is a situational variable is it is affected by the enviroment around you.
- Tiredness is neither of these as it is not a confouding variable as it is not kept the same.