1. There are two types of confounding variables: participant and situational. What type is the following: Tiredness?
- Tiredness is a participant variable, as it is something to do with the individual taking part.
- Tiredness is neither of these as it is not a confouding variable as it is not kept the same.
- Tiredness is a situational variable is it is affected by the enviroment around you.
- Tiredness is a participant variable as it is something that all participants show.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a strentgh of qualitative date and a weakness of quantative data>
- qualitative data provides less in depth reasons behind behaviopur rather than just providing the statistsics of the behavhiour.
- Qualitative data can be broken down into quanatative data.
- Quanatative date can be broken down into qualitative data
- Qualitative data is easier to replicate than quanative data.
3. Woudl you record the following dat5a as qualitiative and quantitative? An observational study is conducted into levels of psychical agression seen in 3 year old boys and grls in nursery school
- You would use both by recording the number of girls and boys showing high and low aggression levels and making notes on what you observe.
- You would use quanative as it would provide more scientific results.
- Qualitative as you would want details about just how aggressive the children have been.
- quanative as you could easily record boys and girls different levels of aggression in a tally chart for example.
4. Why is the following a null hypothesis? There will no difference between gender and agression levels, any difference will be due to chance.
- Because it says there will be no difference and that any difference will be due to chance.
- Because it states any difference will be due to chance.
- Because it states that there will be no difference
- Because it is invalid as the statement doesnt make sense
5. How could operationalize the variable in the previous question?
- By saying you would test whever word recall in 1 minute improved if you had been studying for 30 minutes prior the test or had done no study
- By saying you test different age groups
- By saying you would test word recall after the people had just had a day off
- Byt saying you would test recall just after the students had had a test.