1. There are three types of hypothesis. What type is the following: Girls will have a higher iq level than boys
- This is a null hypothesis
- This is a one tailed or directional hypothesis,
- This is a two-tailed or non-directional hypothesis
- This is a experimental hypothesis
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Two of the types of experimental design are independent groups and matched pairs. What is the final type?
- Rapeated Measures
- Repeated measures
- two comparable participants
3. Woudl you record the following dat5a as qualitiative and quantitative? An observational study is conducted into levels of psychical agression seen in 3 year old boys and grls in nursery school
- Qualitative as you would want details about just how aggressive the children have been.
- quanative as you could easily record boys and girls different levels of aggression in a tally chart for example.
- You would use both by recording the number of girls and boys showing high and low aggression levels and making notes on what you observe.
- You would use quanative as it would provide more scientific results.
4. What is one strength of lab experiments and a weakness of field experiments
- In a lab you have less control over sitational variables those meaning you results are more representative than in a field where you have little control over sitational variables.
- In a field you have little control over the situational variables so your results may be signifcantly affected and not be represenative due to this effect., where as in al ab this cant happen do to higher levels of control over SV's.
- in a lab you have more control over situational variables so high levels of precision are achieved, where as precision levels are lower in a field experiment.
- In afield experiment you have more control over situational variables so higher precision levels than a lab where you have less control.
5. What is a strentgh of qualitative date and a weakness of quantative data>
- Qualitative data is easier to replicate than quanative data.
- Quanatative date can be broken down into qualitative data
- Qualitative data can be broken down into quanatative data.
- qualitative data provides less in depth reasons behind behaviopur rather than just providing the statistsics of the behavhiour.