1. Two of the types of experimental design are independent groups and matched pairs. What is the final type?
- Rapeated Measures
- Repeated measures
- two comparable participants
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. A field experiment is an experiment that is what?
- Natural experiment in a natural setting.
- Set up but in an artifical setting
- Set up and in a natural setting
- Natural experiment in an artifical setting
3. What is one strength of lab experiments and a weakness of field experiments
- in a lab you have more control over situational variables so high levels of precision are achieved, where as precision levels are lower in a field experiment.
- In a field you have little control over the situational variables so your results may be signifcantly affected and not be represenative due to this effect., where as in al ab this cant happen do to higher levels of control over SV's.
- In afield experiment you have more control over situational variables so higher precision levels than a lab where you have less control.
- In a lab you have less control over sitational variables those meaning you results are more representative than in a field where you have little control over sitational variables.
4. Woudl you record the following dat5a as qualitiative and quantitative? An observational study is conducted into levels of psychical agression seen in 3 year old boys and grls in nursery school
- You would use both by recording the number of girls and boys showing high and low aggression levels and making notes on what you observe.
- You would use quanative as it would provide more scientific results.
- Qualitative as you would want details about just how aggressive the children have been.
- quanative as you could easily record boys and girls different levels of aggression in a tally chart for example.
5. What would be the independent variable in the following test? Testing whever y7ou can recall more words when you have already been studying previously or not?
- Whever you have been studying prior to the test or not
- Whever you have done study in the last couple of days
- Whever you are focused on something or not
- Whever you have a good memory