1. How did Henry Jenkins define digital texts?
- Complex and Sophisticated
- Spreadable and Shareable
- Cultural and Social
- Informative and Educational
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why would parents react to "Spiderman: Homecoming" in a more positive way than "Hunt for the Wilderpeople"?
- Harder to imitate things in Spiderman: Homecoming compared to Hunt for the Wilderpoeple
- The action in Hunt for the Wilderpeople may be too real.
- Spiderman is a superhero.
- They may have grown up with superheroes
3. Why would an older audience without children have a positive response to "Paddington 2"
- Because the character is a CGI talking bear.
- Because Paddington has been around for years and it may bring back memories for them.
- There are no negatives in the film.
- Because its a happy film.
4. What does the Reception Theory state that audiences respond to?
- Audiences respond to the representations in the text.
- Audiences respond to stereotypes in the text.
- Audiences respond to the ideological messages in the text.
- Audiences respond to the references in the text.
5. How would define an audience response?
- Variations in reactions due to a difference in a persons background.
- Differences in how an audience views the text.
- Variations in reactions due to complex and sophisticated audiences who have varied social and cultural experiences.
- How the text is constructed to encode meanings and messages to be decoded by audiences.