- Created by: Millieprime47
- Created on: 26-04-18 14:33
1. Which of these statements is false?
- PCOS sufferers are usually aromatose deficient
- PCOS may show autosomal dominant familial clustering
- Androstenedione is converted to estrone and testosterone is converted to estradiol
- Excessive testosterone is produced from the theca cells
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these statements is false?
- Menopause is defined as amenorrhic for 1 year
- Before menopause oestrogen is derived from stromal cells of the ovaries and adrenal glands
- An increase in inhibin B leads to an increase in FSH production before menopause
- Androstenedione is converted to estrone which is a less potent type of oestrogen
3. Which of these statements is true?
- PCOS sufferers usually have a high LH level
- Insulin increases androgen release from the granulosa cells
- PCOS sufferers usually have a low oestrogen level
- Cysts in PCOS are follicles which have been arrested at the primary follicular stage
4. Which of these is not a differential diagnosis of PCOS?
- Turner's Syndrome
5. Which of these statements is true of precocious puberty?
- Severe primary hyperthyroidism may cause precocious puberty
- Peripheral prococious puberty presents with low FSH
- Central prococious puberty presents with low LH
- Defined as puberty before 10 years in females