1. Which of these is a disadvantage of negative feedback?
- Delay in stopping response (overshoot)
- Several mechanisms involved
- Doesn't function in mild climates
- Delay in starting response
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is not a mechanism of maintaining cell environment?
- Maintain temperature
- Maintain weight of products
- Removal of toxic wastes
- Maintain electrolyte levels
3. What is the difference between control systems and maintenance systems?
- Control systems regulate indirectly, maintenance systems don't regulate at all
- Control systems regulate indirectly, maintenance systems regulate directly
- There is no difference
- Control systems regulate directly, maintenance systems regulate indirectly
4. Which of these is not a control system?
- Endocrine system
- Nervous system
5. What are regulators?
- maintaining internal state by avoiding external change
- maintaining constant internal state
- Internal state is different to external environment
- internal state matches external environment