1. What did John Snow publish an essay about?
- That Cholera was not air borne and entered the body through the mouth.
- That the water pump on Broad Street caused Cholera to spread and it should be removed
- That miasmas made Cholera airborne
- That Cholera entered the body through water and the Broad street pumps handle being removed proved this
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. What year did Snow publish his report?
3. What case made Snow certain that it was the pump that caused Cholera?
- The men who worked in factories so drank different water at work and brought home bottled water so did not drink from the pump
- The woman who preferred the taste of the water from Broad Street but lived far away.
- The man who never drank from the Broad Street pump and didn't contract Cholera
- The alcoholic who never drank the water so didn't catch Cholera.
4. What year did Cholera outbreak in London?
5. What prevented Snows theory from being widely accepted?
- Snow not being a respected doctor within the royal society
- Germ Theory not being published
- The church refusing to accept Snows theory
- The lack of scientific evidence Snow could provide