1. Trephining is...
- An operation on the inside of a person's skull
- Removing a portion of a person's skull.
- Letting a demon out of a person's head
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Archaeological evidence of trephining in prehistoric times...
- Proves that prehistoric people performed brain surgery
- Suggests that prehistoric surgeons tried to remove evil spirits
- Shows that prehistoric surgeons tried to cure epilepsy
3. Which of the following is not true?
- Prehistoric medicine is the base point from which we measure the progress of medicine.
- Prehistoric peoples had practitioners who we would recognise as 'doctors'.
- Prehistoric peoples did not have medicine as we know it.
4. Prehistoric peoples...
- Probably did not know that there is a link between dirt and disease
- Knew little about the link between dirt and disease
- Probably knew that there is a link between dirt and disease
5. What was a 'shaman'?
- a kind of prehistoric priest
- a primative doctor
- a tribal leader