1. What was a 'shaman'?
- a kind of prehistoric priest
- a primative doctor
- a tribal leader
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Native American shamans of the 19th century knew of...
- more than 100 medicinal plants and substances.
- More than 200 medicinal plants and substances
- More than 300 medicinal plants and substances
3. Which of these statements is incorrect?
- Prehistoric peoples had a concept of a 'healthy' lifestyle
- Modern Aborigines had some practices that seem 'healthy'
- Prehistoric people’s ideas about 'healthy lifestyle' are unknown
4. Archaeological evidence of trephining in prehistoric times...
- Suggests that prehistoric surgeons tried to remove evil spirits
- Shows that prehistoric surgeons tried to cure epilepsy
- Proves that prehistoric people performed brain surgery
5. What - according to the dictionary - is a doctor?
- A state employee based in a hospital or surgery
- A public practitioner whose ability to heal is recognised by the general community
- A qualified practitioner of medicine or surgery