1. What is 'public health'?
- Health facilities run by the government
- Health facilities run for paying customers
- Health facilities run by the public
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was a 'shaman'?
- a kind of prehistoric priest
- a primative doctor
- a tribal leader
3. Australian Aborigines buried their excrement far from their camp...
- But they did this for religious reasons, not medical reasons
- So it seems they understood the importance of a healthy lifestyle
- So we can assume that prehistoric peoples knew about the importance of 'healthy lifestyle' too
4. On the balance of the evidence, which of the following statements seems to be most true?
- Prehistoric medicine did not heal, it harmed.
- Prehistoric medicine was not medical, it was magic.
- Prehistoric medicine was not scientific, but it was successful.
5. What evidence can prove that prehistoric surgeons were able to perform trephining operations successfully?
- Some patients have TWO holes in their skull.
- The skull re-grew.
- The patient lived.