1. What - according to the dictionary - is a doctor?
- A public practitioner whose ability to heal is recognised by the general community
- A qualified practitioner of medicine or surgery
- A state employee based in a hospital or surgery
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is 'animism'?
- The belief that animals have spirits
- The belief that spirits live in inanimate things
- The belief that everything has a soul
3. Native American shamans of the 19th century knew of...
- more than 100 medicinal plants and substances.
- More than 200 medicinal plants and substances
- More than 300 medicinal plants and substances
4. Which of these statements is incorrect?
- Prehistoric people’s beliefs about the cause of illness are unknown.
- Prehistoric peoples believed that illness occurred when a person's spirit was lost or stolen.
- Modern Aborigines believed that illness occurred when a person's spirit was lost or stolen.
5. Which of these statements is incorrect?
- Prehistoric peoples had a concept of a 'healthy' lifestyle
- Modern Aborigines had some practices that seem 'healthy'
- Prehistoric people’s ideas about 'healthy lifestyle' are unknown