1. What was the Truman Doctrine(1947)?
- Countries faced a choice between either capitalism or communism
- Countries must trade with USA
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happened at the Potsdam Conference(1945)?
- USA and Allies take full control of Germany
- All Nazi's to be prosecuted, and division of Germany into 4 sectors
- Put all Nazi's into POW camps, and USSR own Germany
3. What was the Marshall Plan(1947)?
- $13 billion from USA to help rebuild Europe
- USA must try and contain communism
4. What was the Long Telegram(1946)?
- A secret American report suggesting USSR saw capitalism as a threat to communism
- A secret American report suggesting that USA were preparing for war
5. What was Comecon?
- The USSR's alternative to the Marshall Plan
- The USA's addition to the Marshall Plan
Similar History resources: