1. What rescued the conference from collapse in March 1919?
- Lloyd George publishing the Fontainbleau Memorandum rescued the conference from collapse in March 1919.
- Germany joined it
- The Big Three held a pre-meeting.
- The German delegation published a rebuttal.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was self-determination?
- The right of people to make their own peace with Germany.
- Woodrow Wilson's idea that nations ought to be able to rule themselves.
- The right of the USA to decide if it signed the Treaty of Versailles or not.
- countries should be part of empires
3. Which of Clemenceau's demands did Woodrow Wilson find particularly hard to accept?
- Germany was to blame for the war.
- german troops had to leave the borders
- Alsace-Lorraine should be returned to France.
- There should be freedom of trade.
4. How many countries attended the start of the Versailles Conference
5. Why did the Germans find the treaty particularly unfair?
- It was based on the armistice.
- war guilt
- There was no negotiation.
- It was signed in the Hall of Mirrors, in the Palace of Versailles, near Paris.