1. What was self-determination?
- Woodrow Wilson's idea that nations ought to be able to rule themselves.
- countries should be part of empires
- The right of the USA to decide if it signed the Treaty of Versailles or not.
- The right of people to make their own peace with Germany.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the armistice?
- the treaty that was signed to punish russia
- The ceasefire that ended the fighting in the First World War.
- The decision to reduce arms after the First World War.
- The invitation to the Versailles Conference after the First World War.
3. Which aspect of Wilson's ideas did Clemenceau particularly despise
- Clemenceau particularly despised the idea of the League of Nations.
- for countries to reduce their army size
- freedom of the seas
4. Which of Clemenceau's demands did Woodrow Wilson find particularly hard to accept?
- german troops had to leave the borders
- Germany was to blame for the war.
- There should be freedom of trade.
- Alsace-Lorraine should be returned to France.
5. What rescued the conference from collapse in March 1919?
- The German delegation published a rebuttal.
- Lloyd George publishing the Fontainbleau Memorandum rescued the conference from collapse in March 1919.
- The Big Three held a pre-meeting.
- Germany joined it