1. What was self-determination?
- Woodrow Wilson's idea that nations ought to be able to rule themselves.
- The right of the USA to decide if it signed the Treaty of Versailles or not.
- The right of people to make their own peace with Germany.
- countries should be part of empires
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following was not a member of the Big Three
- Woodrow Wilson
- Joseph Stalin
- Georges Clemenceau
- David Lloyd George
3. What rescued the conference from collapse in March 1919?
- Lloyd George publishing the Fontainbleau Memorandum rescued the conference from collapse in March 1919.
- Germany joined it
- The Big Three held a pre-meeting.
- The German delegation published a rebuttal.
4. Which of Clemenceau's demands did Woodrow Wilson find particularly hard to accept?
- german troops had to leave the borders
- Germany was to blame for the war.
- There should be freedom of trade.
- Alsace-Lorraine should be returned to France.
5. Which of these statements best represents Lloyd George's aims at the Versailles Conference?
- "germany are murderes
- A just peace."
- "A home fit for heroes."
- "Make Germany pay."