1. What rescued the conference from collapse in March 1919?
- The German delegation published a rebuttal.
- Lloyd George publishing the Fontainbleau Memorandum rescued the conference from collapse in March 1919.
- The Big Three held a pre-meeting.
- Germany joined it
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these statements best represents Lloyd George's aims at the Versailles Conference?
- "A home fit for heroes."
- A just peace."
- "Make Germany pay."
- "germany are murderes
3. Which aspect of Wilson's ideas did Clemenceau particularly despise
- Clemenceau particularly despised the idea of the League of Nations.
- freedom of the seas
- for countries to reduce their army size
4. Which of the following was not a member of the Big Three
- Woodrow Wilson
- Joseph Stalin
- Georges Clemenceau
- David Lloyd George
5. Why did the Germans find the treaty particularly unfair?
- war guilt
- There was no negotiation.
- It was based on the armistice.
- It was signed in the Hall of Mirrors, in the Palace of Versailles, near Paris.