1. Which of the following was not a member of the Big Three
- Woodrow Wilson
- Joseph Stalin
- Georges Clemenceau
- David Lloyd George
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which aspect of Wilson's ideas did Clemenceau particularly despise
- for countries to reduce their army size
- Clemenceau particularly despised the idea of the League of Nations.
- freedom of the seas
3. Which of Clemenceau's demands did Woodrow Wilson find particularly hard to accept?
- german troops had to leave the borders
- Alsace-Lorraine should be returned to France.
- Germany was to blame for the war.
- There should be freedom of trade.
4. Why did the Germans find the treaty particularly unfair?
- It was based on the armistice.
- war guilt
- There was no negotiation.
- It was signed in the Hall of Mirrors, in the Palace of Versailles, near Paris.
5. What rescued the conference from collapse in March 1919?
- Lloyd George publishing the Fontainbleau Memorandum rescued the conference from collapse in March 1919.
- The Big Three held a pre-meeting.
- The German delegation published a rebuttal.
- Germany joined it