1. Why did the Germans find the treaty particularly unfair?
- There was no negotiation.
- war guilt
- It was signed in the Hall of Mirrors, in the Palace of Versailles, near Paris.
- It was based on the armistice.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following was not a member of the Big Three
- Joseph Stalin
- Woodrow Wilson
- David Lloyd George
- Georges Clemenceau
3. What was self-determination?
- Woodrow Wilson's idea that nations ought to be able to rule themselves.
- The right of the USA to decide if it signed the Treaty of Versailles or not.
- The right of people to make their own peace with Germany.
- countries should be part of empires
4. Which of these statements best represents Lloyd George's aims at the Versailles Conference?
- "A home fit for heroes."
- "germany are murderes
- A just peace."
- "Make Germany pay."
5. What rescued the conference from collapse in March 1919?
- Lloyd George publishing the Fontainbleau Memorandum rescued the conference from collapse in March 1919.
- The Big Three held a pre-meeting.
- The German delegation published a rebuttal.
- Germany joined it