1. What was Laissez-Faire?
- the event which happened in 1858 when sewage cooked in heat
- belief that the governments should not intervene
- a city which had 0 drains in it in 1842
- report Chadwick wrote about the conditions of the poor in 1842
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which individual discovered cholera was waterborne?
- Octavia Hill
- John Snow
- Seebohm Rowntree
- Joseph Bazelgette
3. When was the voluntary Public Health Act put in place?
4. What was Chadwicks report called?
- Sanitary Condition of the Labouring Population, 1842
- London Labour and the London Poor, 1851
- Works on Surgery
- The Fabric of the Human Body
5. Which disease caused an outbreak in 1831?
- scarlet fever