1. How did William Harvey prove that the heart was a pump?
- Dissected live cold-blooded animals whose hearts beat slowly so he could see the movement of each muscle in the heart
- He used Hippocrates written knowledge as a guide
- Plenty of practice and knowledge as an army surgeon
- He stole dead bodies and dissected on them
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the channel theory based on and what time period was it from?
- The river Nile; Ancient Rome
- The River Colorado; Medieval
- The river Nile; Ancient Egypt
- The River Congo; renaissance
3. What part of the body was left alone during the mummification process by the Egyptians?
4. What factor played the most important role in the discovery of penicillin?
5. Who mass produced penicillin?
- British Government
- Florey and Chain
- American Government
- Crick and Watson