1. How did William Harvey prove that the heart was a pump?
- Plenty of practice and knowledge as an army surgeon
- Dissected live cold-blooded animals whose hearts beat slowly so he could see the movement of each muscle in the heart
- He used Hippocrates written knowledge as a guide
- He stole dead bodies and dissected on them
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who created the NHS?
- Joseph Bazalgette
- Edwin Chadwick
- Anuerin Bevan
- Sir William Beveridge
3. Who founded the Tria prima theory?
4. What was the channel theory based on and what time period was it from?
- The River Congo; renaissance
- The river Nile; Ancient Egypt
- The River Colorado; Medieval
- The river Nile; Ancient Rome
5. Who mass produced penicillin?
- British Government
- Florey and Chain
- American Government
- Crick and Watson