1. How did William Harvey prove that the heart was a pump?
- He stole dead bodies and dissected on them
- He used Hippocrates written knowledge as a guide
- Dissected live cold-blooded animals whose hearts beat slowly so he could see the movement of each muscle in the heart
- Plenty of practice and knowledge as an army surgeon
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the channel theory based on and what time period was it from?
- The river Nile; Ancient Egypt
- The River Colorado; Medieval
- The River Congo; renaissance
- The river Nile; Ancient Rome
3. What was Florence Nightingale's belief about the cause of disease?
- Overcrowded houses
- Dirty rooms
- Germ Theory
4. Who created the NHS?
- Anuerin Bevan
- Edwin Chadwick
- Sir William Beveridge
- Joseph Bazalgette
5. Which time period did they believe that God sent the black death for their sins as a punishment?
- Medieval Western Europe
- Ancient Rome
- Ancient Egypt