1. What happened in 1576?
- House of Corrections was built in each country to punish or employ beggars
- 1576 act was repealed and replaced with 1931 act
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What year did Henry VIII become king of England
3. What is a heretic?
- Someone who trespasses on land
- Someone unemployed
- Someone who goes against the religion of his/her country
- Someone who starts riots
4. What was the 1572 act?
- First offence- Whipping and burning of an ear Second offence- Execution
- Whipping and trail by ordeal Second offence- Burning at the stake
- First offence- Exhilement Second offence- Execution
5. What year did Edward VI reign from and till?
Similar History resources: