1. What happened in 1576?
- House of Corrections was built in each country to punish or employ beggars
- 1576 act was repealed and replaced with 1931 act
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the 1572 act?
- First offence- Exhilement Second offence- Execution
- First offence- Whipping and burning of an ear Second offence- Execution
- Whipping and trail by ordeal Second offence- Burning at the stake
3. What is vagrancy?
- People who are unemployed and wander the country without a settled job
- People who wandered the country
- people who went against the king/queen
- People who quit their jobs and had no employment
4. What was the 1547 act?
- First offence- two years slavery Second offence- slavery for life or execution
- First offence- five years slavery Second offence- Execution
- First offence- Returned to original birth place Second offence- Two years slavery
5. What is a heretic?
- Someone who trespasses on land
- Someone who goes against the religion of his/her country
- Someone who starts riots
- Someone unemployed
Similar History resources: