1. Select the statement that correctly identifies a feature/features of fibrocartilage.
- Strong, resilient and highly elasticated
- Well developed & very visible perichondrium
- Durable with high tensile strength & resistance to compression
- Yellow in its fresh form
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the role of proteoglycans in the cartilage ECM?
- Provides power
- Provides honour
- Provides resilience
- Provides courage
3. Which type of fibres predominantly make up hyaline cartilage?
- Collagen type II
- Collagen type I
- Collagen type III
4. Where is elastic cartilage most often found?
- Epiglottis, external ear & Eustachian tubes
- Symphysis Pubis, intervertebral disks & site of some tendon-bone attachments
- Major air pipes, articulating bone surfaces & fetal skeleton
- Oropharangeal airway, nasopharyngeal airway & epiglottis
5. What are the two types of growth that cartilage can undergo?
- Interstitial & Appositional
- Intramembranous & Endochondral
- Interstitial & Endochondral
- Appositonal & Endochondral