1. What is the role of proteoglycans in the cartilage ECM?
- Provides power
- Provides resilience
- Provides courage
- Provides honour
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are chondrocytes?
- Cartilage stem cells that lie in the inner layers of the perichondrium
- Highly active, oval shaped cells that synthesise & secrete the extra-cellular matrix
- Large, round shaped cells that lie in lacunae & maintain the extra-cellular matrix around them
- Collagen secreting cells that reapir the perichondrium
3. Which type of fibres are most common in fibrocartilage. and are arranged in bundles between the rows of chondrocytes?
- Collagen type I fibres
- Collagen type II fibres
- Elastic fibres
- Magic fibres
4. Which type of cartilaginous growth results in 'growth from within'?
5. Which type of fibres predominantly make up hyaline cartilage?
- Collagen type III
- Collagen type II
- Collagen type I