1. Which type of cartilaginous growth results in 'growth from within'?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. From what does cartilage initially originate?
- Mesenchymal tissue cells
- Chondrochymal tissue cells
3. True or false: Hyaline cartilage has a ground substance with a relatively high water content, and is tranlucent in it's fresh form?
- I don't know, I'm sorry, I haven't revised this well enough, please accept my grovelling apologies for being utterly inadequate in relation to this question
4. Which type of fibres predominantly make up hyaline cartilage?
- Collagen type III
- Collagen type II
- Collagen type I
5. Where is hyaline cartilage most commonly found?
- Major air pipes, articulating bone surfaces & fetal skeleton
- Epiglottis, external ear & Eustachian tubes
- Symphysis Pubis, intervertebral disks & site of some tendon-bone attachments
- Oropharangeal airway, nasopharyngeal airway & epiglottis