1. Where are Osteoclasts located?
- On the rough segments of the Periosteum
- On the inner bone surfaces of eroded sites (Howship's lacunae)
- On the smooth segments of the Periosteum
- On the outer bone surfaces of eroded sites
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is a good source of red marrow?
- Mastoid process
- 2nd Metatarsal
3. Which of the following is an example of an irregular bone?
- Skull bones
4. What is the main role of Osteocytes?
- To form lacunae
- To explode spontaneously
- To maintain the bone ECM
- To differentiate into Osteoblasts
5. What is the role of canaliculi?
- To allow Osteocytes to communicate with Osteoprogenitor cells
- To keep neighbouring Osteocytes in contact via gap junctions
- To provide felxibility to the ECM
- To provide rigidity to the ECM