1. What was the purpose of the Acts if six Articles in 1539?
- clergy ordered to preach against the pope
- They asserted the doctrine of transubstantiation, clerical celibacy and private masses
- reafirmed there is a purgatory
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. when did the break with Rome begin?
3. When was the Bishops Book issued?
4. What was the name given to the rebellion over the disslution of the small monasteries?
- Charge of the light bregade
- Pilgriamge of Grace
- Buckingham's rebellion
5. What role did Anne Boleyn play in the reformation?
- introduced Henry to theological works written by the likes of William Tyndale
- drafted much legislation
- ordered that children were taught the Lord's prayer, Ten Commandments and the Articles of Faith