1. What was the purpose of the Acts if six Articles in 1539?
- They asserted the doctrine of transubstantiation, clerical celibacy and private masses
- reafirmed there is a purgatory
- clergy ordered to preach against the pope
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. in what year was the 'Holy maid of Kent' a threat?
3. What role did Anne Boleyn play in the reformation?
- ordered that children were taught the Lord's prayer, Ten Commandments and the Articles of Faith
- introduced Henry to theological works written by the likes of William Tyndale
- drafted much legislation
4. Why were Bishop John Fisher and Sir Thomas Moore executed in 1535?
- Defended Anne Boleyn
- Refused to except the oath of supremacy
- Joined in with the pilgrimage of grace
5. When was the Ten articles passed?