1. What did James show in his 1965 observation/self-report?
- Internal locus of control = more likely to quit smoking
- Internal locus of control = more likely to adhere
- Internal locus of control = more likely to smoke with others
- Internal locus of control = have less heart attacks
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many participants did Becker use?
- 111 mothers
- 100 women
- 50 male smokers
- 35 men with CHD
3. What positive correlations did Becker show?
- Between amount of medication and adherence
- Between seriousness/impact and adherence
- Between susceptibility/seriousness and adherence
- Between seriousness and susceptibility
4. What did Rotter conclude about Locus of Control?
- Better to have external than internal
- Those with internal, and so have control, show healthier behaviour
- Those with external have control over situations
- It is a bad theory
5. What type was Becker's 1978 health study?