- Created by: Elsie_
- Created on: 20-11-13 09:20
1. Chlorine as a prexix is...
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. when an alkane has a side chains you:
- add a side chain prefix ending with yl (eg. 2-methyl-pentane)
- put them in alphabetical order (2-butane-ethane)
- add yl to the main stem of the alkane (eg. 2-pentylane)
- add yl first (eg. 2yl-pentane)
3. so what are halogens?
- Group 7 elements
- group 8 or 0 elements
- elements in the lanthanides group
- highly reactive transistion metals
4. Fluorine as a prefix is...
5. and the general formula of alkanes is:
- C n H 2n+2
- C n H 2n
- C 2n H n
- C +2n H 2n+2