1. why are group 1 metals different to other metals?
- they don treact with acid
- soft and low boiling points
- soft and low melting points
- they react with acid better
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. if the elemt takes longer to react it is...
- less reactive
- more reactive
3. why are group 1 known as alkali metals?
- becasue hydroxides form alkaline solutions
- becasue alkaline metals producce alkaline gasses
- becasue they are soft and have low boiling points
- becasue they are soft and have high melting points
4. what is the correct chemical equation for when sodium is put into water?
- sodium + water -> sodium water + hydrogen
- sodium + water -> sodium hydroxide + hydrogen
- sodium + water -> sodium hydroxide + hydration
- sodium + water -> sodium hydroxide + oxygen
5. when group 1 metals are put in water, hat do they form?
- alkaline soloutions
- alkaline mix
- alkali metals
Similar Science resources: