1. why are group 1 known as alkali metals?
- becasue hydroxides form alkaline solutions
- becasue they are soft and have high melting points
- becasue alkaline metals producce alkaline gasses
- becasue they are soft and have low boiling points
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. when group 1 metals are put in water, hat do they form?
- alkali metals
- alkaline mix
- alkaline soloutions
3. two facts about group 1 metals that are true
- highly mallable and easy to burn
- soft and low melting points
- hard and low melting points
- soft and low boiling points
4. as you move down the laments, they get more reactive, what is evidence to show this?
- looking at its bonds
- time it takes for each elemnt to react compelty with the water and disappear
- looking at the number of electrons
- looking at the atomic number
5. if the elemt takes longer to react it is...
- less reactive
- more reactive
Similar Science resources: