1. Who was Theseus?
- Panhellenic hero, King of Athens, famous for killing the Attic Bull and the Minotaur, started a tyranny in Athens
- Mythical King of Athens, son of Poseidon, famous for defeating the Minotaur, heavily linked to democracy
- Panhellenic hero, son of Zeus, famous for killing the Attic Bull, set up democracy in Athens
- King of Athens, son of Zeus, famous for killing the Minotaur, set up a democracy in Athens
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the story of Dionysis?
- Pentheus, King of Thebes, refuses to worship Dionysis, God sends women crazy, Pentheus sneaks into female ritual dressed as a woman and is torn to pieces
- Dionysis sends a plague to Corinth after King Pentheus, his cousin, refuses to worship his as a god
- Pentheus, King of Thebes, refuses to worship Dionysis, God sends him crazy and he kills his family and himself
- Pentheus, King of Corinth, offers his daughter in sacrifice to Dionysis, Dionysis is insulted and sends him crazy
3. What is the story of Herakles?
- Son of Zeus, whilst in underworld fulfilling 12 labors, wife, Megara is sentenced to death in Athens, saves her but then in a frenzy caused by Apollo he kills her
- Son of Zeus and Amphitryon, whilst in the underworld fulfilling 12 labors, Amphitryon and wife, Megara and sentenced to death in Thebes, saves them but then iris and madness (personified) cause him to kill his wife and children in a frenzy
- Son of Zeus, whilst in underoworld fulfilling 12 labors, wife and children condemned to death in Thebes, saves them but then murdered anyway in their sleep
- Son of Zeus and Amphitryon, Whilst killing Nemean Lion to fulfilling 12 labors, father and wife, Megara sentenced to die in Thebes, save them but is then sent mad by Iris and madness (personified) and kill his father and wife
4. What source is there for the story of Agamemnon and Clymenestra?
- The Oresteia by Euripides
- The Oresteia by Aeschylus
- The Orestes by Aechylus
- The Orestes by Euripides
5. What sources are there for the story of Theseus?
- Sophocles' Helen
- Euripides' Suppliants
- Aechylus' Helen
- Euripides' Helen