1. What is the story of Herakles?
- Son of Zeus and Amphitryon, whilst in the underworld fulfilling 12 labors, Amphitryon and wife, Megara and sentenced to death in Thebes, saves them but then iris and madness (personified) cause him to kill his wife and children in a frenzy
- Son of Zeus, whilst in underworld fulfilling 12 labors, wife, Megara is sentenced to death in Athens, saves her but then in a frenzy caused by Apollo he kills her
- Son of Zeus and Amphitryon, Whilst killing Nemean Lion to fulfilling 12 labors, father and wife, Megara sentenced to die in Thebes, save them but is then sent mad by Iris and madness (personified) and kill his father and wife
- Son of Zeus, whilst in underoworld fulfilling 12 labors, wife and children condemned to death in Thebes, saves them but then murdered anyway in their sleep
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who was Theseus?
- Panhellenic hero, King of Athens, famous for killing the Attic Bull and the Minotaur, started a tyranny in Athens
- King of Athens, son of Zeus, famous for killing the Minotaur, set up a democracy in Athens
- Mythical King of Athens, son of Poseidon, famous for defeating the Minotaur, heavily linked to democracy
- Panhellenic hero, son of Zeus, famous for killing the Attic Bull, set up democracy in Athens
3. What sources do we have for the story of Dionysis?
- The Bacchae by Aeschylus
- The Bacchae by Euripides
- The Bacchae by Bacchylides
- The Dionysia by Sophocles
4. What source do we have for the story of Oedipus?
- Lyric Poem by Aeschylus called King Oedipus
- Epic Poem By Sophocles called King Oedipus
- Tragedy by Sophocles called Oedipus, The King
- Tragedy by Euripides called Oedipus, The King
5. What source do we have for the story of Pandora?
- Hesiod's Epic Poem,Theogony
- Eurpides' Greek Women
- Hesiod's Epic Poem, Pandora
- Bacchylides' Ode 3