1. What is the story of Dionysis?
- Pentheus, King of Thebes, refuses to worship Dionysis, God sends women crazy, Pentheus sneaks into female ritual dressed as a woman and is torn to pieces
- Dionysis sends a plague to Corinth after King Pentheus, his cousin, refuses to worship his as a god
- Pentheus, King of Thebes, refuses to worship Dionysis, God sends him crazy and he kills his family and himself
- Pentheus, King of Corinth, offers his daughter in sacrifice to Dionysis, Dionysis is insulted and sends him crazy
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What source do we have for the story of Oedipus?
- Lyric Poem by Aeschylus called King Oedipus
- Epic Poem By Sophocles called King Oedipus
- Tragedy by Sophocles called Oedipus, The King
- Tragedy by Euripides called Oedipus, The King
3. What is the story of Pandora?
- Made by Zeus to create a box which once opened would create a plague to wipe out mankind, Prometheus stole it and gave it to men to hide
- Made from the earth, married Prometheus then unleashed evil spirits from a box to plague mankind to punish Prometheus for giving fire to men
- Made from clay to punish Prometheus for giving fire to men, opened a pithos jar to unleash evil spirits to plague mankind
- Made by Zeus to punish Prometheus for unleashing evil spirits to plague mankind, she marries his brother and curses him
4. Who was Theseus?
- Mythical King of Athens, son of Poseidon, famous for defeating the Minotaur, heavily linked to democracy
- King of Athens, son of Zeus, famous for killing the Minotaur, set up a democracy in Athens
- Panhellenic hero, son of Zeus, famous for killing the Attic Bull, set up democracy in Athens
- Panhellenic hero, King of Athens, famous for killing the Attic Bull and the Minotaur, started a tyranny in Athens
5. What sources do we have for the story of Herakles?
- Athenian Tragedy by Euripides
- Athenian Tragedy by Aechylus
- Athenian Tragedy by Sophocles
- Ode 15 by Bacchylides