1. What important natural feature has been destroyed?
- The traditional fishing harbour in Cairns.
- The prominent sea stack which was once a national monument
- Mangrove forests which act as a natural sea defence
- The once largest seagrass area in the world- 25,000km long
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Tourism accounts for what % of the reef's economic output?
3. How is fishing strictly regulated?
- All of these.
- There is not a limit on boats, instead each has a quota of what they can catch.
- They have to obtain permits, which are limited.
- They can only catch fish more than 10cm long.
4. Who is the key organisation the GBRMPA work with?
- Western Australia Wildlife Management
- Queensland Tourist Board
- Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service
- Queensland Water and Ocean Management Service
5. Where is the Great Barrier Reef?
- North west coast of Australia
- North east coast of Australia
- South east coast of Australia
- Between New Zealand and Australia
Similar Geography resources: