1. How much money does it generate a year?
- AU$5 billion
- $5 billion
- AU$5 million
- AU$5.5 billion
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Tourism negatively effects one local population particularly- who?
- The local indigenous people- they fish and have ceremonial activities on the reef.
- The local shopkeepers- they cannot keep up with the amount of business they get.
- The residents- the roads are filled with congestion all year round.
- The fishing industry- its more economically viable to complete boat trips than fish.
3. What would happen if tourism was unsustainable?
- Tourism would remain being the largest commercial activity for the Reef.
- The money generated would stay level.
- It would destroy the reef, essentially self-destructing the tourism market as people would no longer visit.
- It would begin to struggle, but it would continue as people would still want to visit even when it is no longer beautiful.
4. How is fishing strictly regulated?
- They can only catch fish more than 10cm long.
- They have to obtain permits, which are limited.
- There is not a limit on boats, instead each has a quota of what they can catch.
- All of these.
5. What important natural feature has been destroyed?
- The once largest seagrass area in the world- 25,000km long
- Mangrove forests which act as a natural sea defence
- The prominent sea stack which was once a national monument
- The traditional fishing harbour in Cairns.
Similar Geography resources: