1. The turnout for the 2015 General election was...
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. STV stands for....
- Single Transferrable Vote
- Single Transactional Vote
- Standard Tranferable Vote
- Seven Tiny Vikings
3. The closed party list system is used in the European Elections, but a disadvantage is that....
- It is majoritarian.
- it creates doubt to the status of the 'top up' members legitmacy.
- It allows extemist parties to gain more seats. UKIP gained 12 in 2004.
- It creates gerrymandering.
4. The Greater London assembly is elected by ....
- Party List System
5. An advantage of first past the post is....
- the winning party has a clear mandate and there are no undemocratic coalitions.
- second preferences are counted.
- there are no wasted votes.
- it is fair to smaller parties.
Similar Government & Politics resources: