1. In 2015 UKIP gained,
- 400,000 votes for 1 seat.
- 4 million votes for 1 seat.
- 4 million votes for 2 seats.
- 3 million votes for 1 seat.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. In 1951,
- There was a coalition formed.
- Labour formed the goverment with a lower proportion of the vote to the Conservatives.
- The Conservatives formed the goverment with a lower proportion of the vote to Labour.
- Labour won the General Election.
3. The main aspects of STV are....
- Unfair to smaller parties and many wasted votes.
- Larger constituencys for sparesly populated areas and majoritarianism.
- Multi-member constituencies and wider representation.
- A close link between the constituent and their MP and unlikely coalitions.
4. An advantage of first past the post is....
- there are no wasted votes.
- the winning party has a clear mandate and there are no undemocratic coalitions.
- second preferences are counted.
- it is fair to smaller parties.
5. The turnout for the 2015 General election was...
Similar Government & Politics resources: