1. In 2015 UKIP gained,
- 400,000 votes for 1 seat.
- 3 million votes for 1 seat.
- 4 million votes for 1 seat.
- 4 million votes for 2 seats.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Out of 59 seats in Scotland,
- SNP took 50 seats for 2 million votes.
- SNP took 58 seats for 1.8 million votes.
- SNP took 56 seats for 1.5 million votes.
- SNP took 55 seats for 1 million votes.
3. An advantage of first past the post is....
- it is fair to smaller parties.
- second preferences are counted.
- the winning party has a clear mandate and there are no undemocratic coalitions.
- there are no wasted votes.
4. The main aspects of STV are....
- Unfair to smaller parties and many wasted votes.
- Multi-member constituencies and wider representation.
- A close link between the constituent and their MP and unlikely coalitions.
- Larger constituencys for sparesly populated areas and majoritarianism.
5. The closed party list system is used in the European Elections, but a disadvantage is that....
- It allows extemist parties to gain more seats. UKIP gained 12 in 2004.
- it creates doubt to the status of the 'top up' members legitmacy.
- It creates gerrymandering.
- It is majoritarian.
Similar Government & Politics resources: