1. The turnout for the 2015 General election was...
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. An advantage of first past the post is....
- there are no wasted votes.
- the winning party has a clear mandate and there are no undemocratic coalitions.
- second preferences are counted.
- it is fair to smaller parties.
3. Out of 59 seats in Scotland,
- SNP took 56 seats for 1.5 million votes.
- SNP took 58 seats for 1.8 million votes.
- SNP took 55 seats for 1 million votes.
- SNP took 50 seats for 2 million votes.
4. STV stands for....
- Single Transferrable Vote
- Standard Tranferable Vote
- Seven Tiny Vikings
- Single Transactional Vote
5. The main aspects of STV are....
- Unfair to smaller parties and many wasted votes.
- Larger constituencys for sparesly populated areas and majoritarianism.
- Multi-member constituencies and wider representation.
- A close link between the constituent and their MP and unlikely coalitions.
Similar Government & Politics resources: