1. STV stands for....
- Single Transactional Vote
- Single Transferrable Vote
- Seven Tiny Vikings
- Standard Tranferable Vote
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. The main aspects of STV are....
- Unfair to smaller parties and many wasted votes.
- Multi-member constituencies and wider representation.
- A close link between the constituent and their MP and unlikely coalitions.
- Larger constituencys for sparesly populated areas and majoritarianism.
3. Out of 59 seats in Scotland,
- SNP took 50 seats for 2 million votes.
- SNP took 58 seats for 1.8 million votes.
- SNP took 56 seats for 1.5 million votes.
- SNP took 55 seats for 1 million votes.
4. The closed party list system is used in the European Elections, but a disadvantage is that....
- It allows extemist parties to gain more seats. UKIP gained 12 in 2004.
- It creates gerrymandering.
- It is majoritarian.
- it creates doubt to the status of the 'top up' members legitmacy.
5. AV is used for the Labour and Lib Dem party leadership election, but AV+ is used...
- No where.
- Police and Crime comissioner.
- Northern Ireland.
Similar Government & Politics resources: