1. Gladstone wanted to avoid war, for many reasons. What wasn't one of them?
- Wars were unnecessary, European powers should act in concert for resolutions
- It would mean he'd have to walk home on Tuesdays
- Wars were costly, and he was a retrenchment guy
- the inevitable loss of human life was immoral and unethical
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. When was the Franco-Prussian War?
- drop beats, not bombs
- Once upon a time
3. Did Gladstone mean to weaken Britain?
- Not a clue!
- No, it was never directly intentional
- Maybe- he was sneaky y'know...
- Yes 100%
- who is Gladstone?
4. which side was Britain on (in the F-P war?)
- Germany was against France
- I don't know
- She gave some support to Germany
- She remained neutral
- She was in support of France
- Britain was in support of Norway
5. Possibly the most relevant clause of the Treaty of Paris to the course is?
- ToP argued the sea was salty
- ToP banned all Russian warships and naval bases in the Black Sea
- ToP gave Paris to Russia
- ToP declared that 20% of Parisians would reside in the Crimean peninsula to settle the unrest.