1. Gladstone wanted to avoid war, for many reasons. What wasn't one of them?
- the inevitable loss of human life was immoral and unethical
- Wars were costly, and he was a retrenchment guy
- It would mean he'd have to walk home on Tuesdays
- Wars were unnecessary, European powers should act in concert for resolutions
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. When was the Crimean War?
3. Possibly the most relevant clause of the Treaty of Paris to the course is?
- ToP argued the sea was salty
- ToP declared that 20% of Parisians would reside in the Crimean peninsula to settle the unrest.
- ToP banned all Russian warships and naval bases in the Black Sea
- ToP gave Paris to Russia
4. Gladstone's first ministry was of what period?
5. Turkey was the leading state in the
- Christmas Fridge
- Egyptian League
- Ottoman Empire
- European Central Committee