1. During the skirmishes of the Franco-Prussian War, France lost what section of land?
- The German city famous for sausages
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. The Foriegn Policy of 1868-1874 was almost bullied with criticism. Disraeli said
- Gladstone "enfeebled" Britain
- Gladstone "made Britannia fragile"
- Gladstone was "too ready to back down" and needed to go away
- Gladstone was thick
- he made Britain small
3. When was the Franco-Prussian War?
- drop beats, not bombs
- Once upon a time
4. When was the Crimean War?
5. Gladstone wanted to avoid war, for many reasons. What wasn't one of them?
- It would mean he'd have to walk home on Tuesdays
- Wars were costly, and he was a retrenchment guy
- Wars were unnecessary, European powers should act in concert for resolutions
- the inevitable loss of human life was immoral and unethical