1. glacier flow is usually what rate?
- 200 - 300 m yr-1
- 3 - 100 m yr-1
- 3 - 300 m yr-1
- 1000 m yr -1
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Regelation is most effective on small bumps of what size?
- 0.5 to 1m
3. What process brings supraglacial material to the bed?
- Joey essex
- Internal deformation
- Basal melting
- Contact pressure between the grains and bed
4. A change of state from ice to water
- releases 334 j g-1
- absorbs 334 j g-1
- absorbs 2834 j g-1
5. The temperature in a glacier composed of warm ice will increase with depth BECAUSE geothermal heat will warm the base of the glacier.
- Joey Essex
- The assertion is incorrect but the reason is correct.
- The assertion is correct but the reason is incorrect.
- Both the assertion and the reason are incorrect.
Similar Geography resources: