1. Any metal can be extracted from its ore chemically by reduction with carbon?
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Reduction with carbon can only be done to elements...
- Higher in the reactivity series
- Lower in the reactivity series
- Near carbon in the reactivity series
3. The two main chemical reactions are called?
- Reduction and Electrolysis
- Magnification & Electrolysis
- Thermal decomposition & Reduction
- Thermal decomposition & Magnification
4. What is a metal ore?
- A metal block which contains diamonds throughout it
- A rock which contains enough metals which is worth the metal being extracted
- A rock with little or no ore
- A rock which contains a mixture of three metals or more
5. Reduction can only happen to certain metals in the reactivity series because...
- Some create dangerous chemical reactions
- Carbon can only take the oxygen away from metals which are less reactive than carbon itself
- Carbon can only take the oxygen away from metals which are more reactive than carbon itself