1. What from is the metal normally in?
- In a mixture on other metals
- An oxide of the metal
- Pure in form
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. The two main chemical reactions are called?
- Thermal decomposition & Reduction
- Thermal decomposition & Magnification
- Reduction and Electrolysis
- Magnification & Electrolysis
3. Reduction can only happen to certain metals in the reactivity series because...
- Carbon can only take the oxygen away from metals which are less reactive than carbon itself
- Carbon can only take the oxygen away from metals which are more reactive than carbon itself
- Some create dangerous chemical reactions
4. How are most metals extracted by their ores?
- Using a chemical reaction
- Using heat the thermally decompose it?
5. Reduction with carbon can only be done to elements...
- Higher in the reactivity series
- Lower in the reactivity series
- Near carbon in the reactivity series