1. What were the initial four problems to solve at the Potsdam Conference?
- Reparations, territorial adjustments, rising tensions between allies and self determination
- Territorial adjustments, reparations, self determination and war guilt
- Denazification, demiliterisation, reparations and territorial adjustments
- War guilt, denazification, demiliterisation and self determination
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did the USA stop sending goods to the Eastern zone in 1946?
- Tension between the West and East had increased severely
- France failed to keep to the agreement of sending food and raw materials to the Western zone
- The USSR failed to keep to the agreement of sending food and raw materials to the Western zone
- There were shortages in the Western Zone
3. What was the aim of the Marshall Plan?
- To prevent spread of Communism and provide a market for US goods
- To increase trade between USA and other European countries
- To show the USSR how powerful the USA was
- To reduce tensions in Europe by helping to revive its economy
4. Who became the first Chancellor (August 1949) of the FRG (May 1949 in West Germany)?
- Brandt of the SPD
- Adenauer of the CDU/CSU
- Erhard of the CDU/CSU
- Ulbricht of the SED
5. Which group controlled the USSR's occupation of the Eastern Zone?
- The Soviet Military Administration
- The USSR National Army
- The National Soviet Army