1. What new currency was introduced to the Western Zones and When?
- The Deutschmark (DM)
- The Dutchmark (DM)
- The Reichsmark (RM)
- The West German Dollar ($W)
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where did decsion making power lie within the SED in the GDR (formed October 1949)?
- The First Secretary
- The Chancellor
- The President
- The Prime Minister
3. How many zones was Germany split into by late 1945?
4. What was the aim of the Marshall Plan?
- To reduce tensions in Europe by helping to revive its economy
- To increase trade between USA and other European countries
- To prevent spread of Communism and provide a market for US goods
- To show the USSR how powerful the USA was
5. How much did the Western Zone of Germany receive from Marshall Aid (summer of 1947)?
- $2.7 billion
- $1.4 billion
- $3.2 billion
- $1.5 billion