1. Where did decsion making power lie within the SED in the GDR (formed October 1949)?
- The Prime Minister
- The First Secretary
- The President
- The Chancellor
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the aim of the Marshall Plan?
- To prevent spread of Communism and provide a market for US goods
- To reduce tensions in Europe by helping to revive its economy
- To increase trade between USA and other European countries
- To show the USSR how powerful the USA was
3. What Youth organistation was created in the Eastern Zone?
- The Communist Free German Youth
- Communist Youth
- Stalin Youth
- The National Free German Youth
4. What was CONINFORM (early 1947) and Which country was is implemented by?
- The way to economically control states within the Western bloc, implemented by the USA
- The way to politically control states within the Western bloc, implemented by the USA
- The Way to politcally control states within the Eastern bloc, implemented by the USSR
- The Way to econmically control states within the Eastern bloc, implemented by the USSR
5. Why was the Basic Law (what the FRG was formed under) temporary?
- They wanted to replace it later with a constitution to cover a whole united Germany
- They wanted to use it as a test run, to see if it overcame the Weimar Republic's ideas
- They found it hard to agree on the components of Basic Law
- The FRG later wanted to get the whole (Western) state involved on the new state's constitution