1. What was the aim of the Marshall Plan?
- To show the USSR how powerful the USA was
- To prevent spread of Communism and provide a market for US goods
- To increase trade between USA and other European countries
- To reduce tensions in Europe by helping to revive its economy
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the initial four problems to solve at the Potsdam Conference?
- Denazification, demiliterisation, reparations and territorial adjustments
- Reparations, territorial adjustments, rising tensions between allies and self determination
- Territorial adjustments, reparations, self determination and war guilt
- War guilt, denazification, demiliterisation and self determination
3. Why did the USA stop sending goods to the Eastern zone in 1946?
- Tension between the West and East had increased severely
- France failed to keep to the agreement of sending food and raw materials to the Western zone
- The USSR failed to keep to the agreement of sending food and raw materials to the Western zone
- There were shortages in the Western Zone
4. What was CONINFORM (early 1947) and Which country was is implemented by?
- The way to economically control states within the Western bloc, implemented by the USA
- The Way to politcally control states within the Eastern bloc, implemented by the USSR
- The Way to econmically control states within the Eastern bloc, implemented by the USSR
- The way to politically control states within the Western bloc, implemented by the USA
5. What happened to Czechoslovakia when it was interested in receiving Marshall Aid?
- It was invaded and attacked by the USSR as it had forbidden any Eastern state to receive it
- The USA sent Czechoslovakia $0.4 billion
- The USSR imposed sanctions on Czechoslovakia as it had forbidden any Eastern state to receive it
- Instead, the USSR donated $0.4 billion to Czechoslovakia