1. What were the initial four problems to solve at the Potsdam Conference?
- Reparations, territorial adjustments, rising tensions between allies and self determination
- Denazification, demiliterisation, reparations and territorial adjustments
- War guilt, denazification, demiliterisation and self determination
- Territorial adjustments, reparations, self determination and war guilt
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happened to Czechoslovakia when it was interested in receiving Marshall Aid?
- Instead, the USSR donated $0.4 billion to Czechoslovakia
- It was invaded and attacked by the USSR as it had forbidden any Eastern state to receive it
- The USSR imposed sanctions on Czechoslovakia as it had forbidden any Eastern state to receive it
- The USA sent Czechoslovakia $0.4 billion
3. What was Bizonia and when was it formed?
- The merging of the French and American Zones, in May 1947
- The merging of the British and French Zones, in October 1946
- The merging of the British and American Zones, in January 1947
- The merging of the American and Soviet Zones, in June 1947
4. What was the aim of the Marshall Plan?
- To prevent spread of Communism and provide a market for US goods
- To reduce tensions in Europe by helping to revive its economy
- To increase trade between USA and other European countries
- To show the USSR how powerful the USA was
5. Who became the first Chancellor (August 1949) of the FRG (May 1949 in West Germany)?
- Adenauer of the CDU/CSU
- Brandt of the SPD
- Ulbricht of the SED
- Erhard of the CDU/CSU