1. Why was the Basic Law (what the FRG was formed under) temporary?
- They wanted to replace it later with a constitution to cover a whole united Germany
- They wanted to use it as a test run, to see if it overcame the Weimar Republic's ideas
- They found it hard to agree on the components of Basic Law
- The FRG later wanted to get the whole (Western) state involved on the new state's constitution
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In the Western zone, indiviuals who were not classified as active participants in the Nazi regime collected the...
- £20 worth of rationing stamps with 'Deutsch wahre Bürger' Award
- 'Fairy' Award
- 'Persil' Certificate
- 'Deutsch wahre Bürger' Award
3. What was the aim of the Marshall Plan?
- To show the USSR how powerful the USA was
- To prevent spread of Communism and provide a market for US goods
- To increase trade between USA and other European countries
- To reduce tensions in Europe by helping to revive its economy
4. What happened to Czechoslovakia when it was interested in receiving Marshall Aid?
- The USSR imposed sanctions on Czechoslovakia as it had forbidden any Eastern state to receive it
- Instead, the USSR donated $0.4 billion to Czechoslovakia
- It was invaded and attacked by the USSR as it had forbidden any Eastern state to receive it
- The USA sent Czechoslovakia $0.4 billion
5. How much did the Western Zone of Germany receive from Marshall Aid (summer of 1947)?
- $1.4 billion
- $3.2 billion
- $2.7 billion
- $1.5 billion