1. Which was NOT a problem faced by the Weimar government?
- Uprisings from the political left, wishing to establish a communist state
- Lack of freedom of speech
- Uprisings from the political right, wishing to restore autocracy
- A need to pay huge reparation sums to the League of Nations following the Treaty of Versailles
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who was the ruler of Germany in 1900?
- Wilhelm II
- Otto von Bismarck
- Wilhelm I
- Adolf Hitler
3. Which of these factors does NOT account for Nazi electoral success in the early 1930s?
- Many business owners saw the Nazis as preferable to the communists
- Nazi propaganda played on anti-Semitism and hatred of the Trety of Versailles
- Many workers were part of a trade union
- Intimidation of political opponents
4. Who was the first president of the Weimar Republic?
- Josef Goebbels
- Friedrich Ebert
- Erich von Ludendorff
- Gustav Stresseman
5. What was the largest party in the Reichstag in Wilhelmine Germany?
- The Centre Party
- The SPD
- The NSDAP
- The KPD