1. what happened after Von Papen resigned?
- ebert appeared and took control
- Hitler seized power
- Hindenburg appointed Von Schleicher chancellor
- Bruning was elected again
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. why did there have to be another election?
- Hindenburg suspected cheating and called another election
- no candidate achieved 50% of the vote
- Hitler had a paddy
- the communists locked some SS troopers for 1 day
3. why did Von Schleicher leave?
- his plan to be head of a military dictatorship leaked and coupled with the majority of the Nazi Party he could not get support.
- Hindenburg wanted to take control
- Hitler offered to help
- Hitler stormed the Reichstag
4. how did von Schleicher remove Bruning
- Schleicher was found guilty of tax evasion
- formed a coalition with right wing parties, persuaded Hindenburg they had a majority and he sacked Bruning.
- had him assassinated
5. How did Hitler come into power?
- there was no other choice for Hindenburg
- Von Papen told Hindenburg that Hitler could be the Chancellor with himself as the vice and make the decisions
- Hindenburg thought that Hitler would help the state
- 39 businesses wrote to Hindenburg to persuade him