1. What calculation can you work out river discharge with?
- cross sectional area x river mean velocity
- cross sectional area / river mean velocity
- river mean velocity / cross sectional area
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the defination of through flow?
- volume of water reaching the river from surface run off
- Volume of water reaching the river through the soil and the underlying rock layers
- discharge caused by a period of rainfall
3. What is the defination of a drainage basin?
- An area which water flows like a whirlpool down through the land
- An area from which a river gets its water
- The volume of water passing a given point in a river at any moment
4. Which of the following is not a reason why streamflow differs?
- Temperature Change
- Gravity Changing
- Land height
5. What is the name of the graph that shows what water level in river will do over time?