Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. Which of these answers is not a reason why a thermometer should be kept in a Stevenson Screen?
- Air is able to flow through
- Keeps the thermometer off the ground
- Painted white to reflect heat
- Thermometer is not influeced by direct sunlight
7. What Does a weather balloon use to record elements of the weather?
- a radiometer
- a radiosonde
- a scatterometer
- an anemometer
8. Which of the following weather conditions is not experienced in a winter anticyclone?
- Absence of cloud cover
- Fog and mist
- Heavy rain
- Low temperatures
9. Which of these is not a source of data used to produce a weather forecast?
- a weather ship
- an anemometer
- a land based station
- a geostationary satellite
10. Which of these changes do not occur in a depression?
- cumulonimbus clouds form just before the cold front passes
- tropical maritime air mass is lifted off the ground by a polar continental air mass
- cumulus clouds form at the warm front
- air rotates in an anticlockwise direction
11. How might an errupting volcano NOT change the climate?
- Ash produced blocks out sunlight
- Leads to global warming by producing hot lava
- Sulfur dioxide produced forms droplets of sulfuric acid that reflect solar radiation
12. Which is the correct order for cloud formation as a depression passes?
- altostratus, cirrus, nimbostratus, cumulonimbus, cumulus
- cirrus, altostratus, nimbostratus, cumulonimbus, cumulus
- cirrus, nimbostratus, altostratus, cumulus, cumulonimbus
- cumulus, altostratus, nimbostratus, cirrus, cumulonimbus
13. What elements of the weather does a weather balloon record?
- temperature, air pressure and wind speed
- temperature, wind speed and cloud cover
- precipitation, temperature and wind speed
- wind direction, wind speed and air pressure