- Created by: rblackhurst190
- Created on: 11-05-18 10:32
1. How might an errupting volcano NOT change the climate?
- Leads to global warming by producing hot lava
- Sulfur dioxide produced forms droplets of sulfuric acid that reflect solar radiation
- Ash produced blocks out sunlight
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these answers is not a limit of forecasting?
- Weather is always changing, as weather systems swap eg anticyclones change to depressions
- Data is never complete (too many aspects of the weather to measure)
- Weather instruments break frequently
- National weather stations do not give accurate predictions for local areas
3. Which of the following weather conditions is not experienced in a winter anticyclone?
- Absence of cloud cover
- Fog and mist
- Heavy rain
- Low temperatures
4. What elements of the weather does a weather balloon record?
- temperature, wind speed and cloud cover
- temperature, air pressure and wind speed
- wind direction, wind speed and air pressure
- precipitation, temperature and wind speed
5. How does a radiometer work?
- It uses radio waves to take pictures of cloud patterns
- It uses infrared waves to record wind speeds
- It uses infrared waves to take pictures of cloud patterns
- It uses microwaves to record wind speeds