1. Which type of cloud is the highest in the sky?
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these answers is not a limit of forecasting?
- National weather stations do not give accurate predictions for local areas
- Weather is always changing, as weather systems swap eg anticyclones change to depressions
- Weather instruments break frequently
- Data is never complete (too many aspects of the weather to measure)
3. Which of the following weather conditions is not experienced in a winter anticyclone?
- Heavy rain
- Low temperatures
- Absence of cloud cover
- Fog and mist
4. Which of these is not an impact of a depression?
- Ferries and deliveries are cancelled due to stormy weather
- Farmers do not need to pay for irrigation of their plants due to frequent rain
- Frost breaks up soil, making it easier to plough
- Flooding leads to property damage
5. Which of these changes do not occur in a depression?
- cumulonimbus clouds form just before the cold front passes
- cumulus clouds form at the warm front
- air rotates in an anticlockwise direction
- tropical maritime air mass is lifted off the ground by a polar continental air mass