- Created by: rblackhurst190
- Created on: 11-05-18 10:32
1. Which of these is not an impact of a depression?
- Ferries and deliveries are cancelled due to stormy weather
- Frost breaks up soil, making it easier to plough
- Flooding leads to property damage
- Farmers do not need to pay for irrigation of their plants due to frequent rain
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does a radiometer work?
- It uses radio waves to take pictures of cloud patterns
- It uses infrared waves to take pictures of cloud patterns
- It uses microwaves to record wind speeds
- It uses infrared waves to record wind speeds
3. Which is the correct order for cloud formation as a depression passes?
- cirrus, altostratus, nimbostratus, cumulonimbus, cumulus
- cirrus, nimbostratus, altostratus, cumulus, cumulonimbus
- altostratus, cirrus, nimbostratus, cumulonimbus, cumulus
- cumulus, altostratus, nimbostratus, cirrus, cumulonimbus
4. Which type of cloud is the highest in the sky?
5. Which of these answers is not a reason why a thermometer should be kept in a Stevenson Screen?
- Keeps the thermometer off the ground
- Thermometer is not influeced by direct sunlight
- Painted white to reflect heat
- Air is able to flow through