1. What is an example of a small scale water management project
- Builiding a river
- Tanzania - Afridev handpumps
- Drinking less water
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where has overe-abstraction of ground water reserves taken place in?
3. How do these handpumps work?
- It accesses water from underground and is pumped up the the surface with pipes. It is not a very hard machine to operate on.
- One person turns a wheel for a whole day to generate electricity to bring the water up.
4. It is likely that flood rate is going to decrease rapidly as a result of Global Warming
- False. The glaciers are melting so more water is being added to the seas and rivers.
- True. There will be more barriers around rivers due to urbanisation so floods are not likely to take place.
5. Large scale water management projects are more socially sustainable than smal-scale projects
- True. There are more people working (more jobs so economically sustainable), more water and will last longer
- False. Small scale projects only provide 1 or 2 jobs and don't get a lot of water.