1. Large scale water management projects are more socially sustainable than smal-scale projects
- True. There are more people working (more jobs so economically sustainable), more water and will last longer
- False. Small scale projects only provide 1 or 2 jobs and don't get a lot of water.
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the social impacts of water shortages in the Sahel
- People have more babies
- Farmers cannot grow crops and there is not a lot of drinking water available
- People are moving to other places
3. What is an example of a small scale water management project
- Tanzania - Afridev handpumps
- Drinking less water
- Builiding a river
4. What is one bad impact of Deforestation on water supply?
- Global Warming!
- It leads to desertification so precipitation rate can decrease
- Animals lose their habitats so species die out
5. Why did the water used in agriculture increase over the years?
- People wanted more money
- Population was growing so more food had to be grown
- There was more rain