1. Where has overe-abstraction of ground water reserves taken place in?
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is there water shortage in the Sahel region?
- The Sahel only has 2 seasons (wet and dry). However, when the rain comes it doesn't last for long so the rest of year is spent in drought.
- It is near the equator.
- It is landlocked
3. Large scale water management projects are more socially sustainable than smal-scale projects
- True. There are more people working (more jobs so economically sustainable), more water and will last longer
- False. Small scale projects only provide 1 or 2 jobs and don't get a lot of water.
4. Where is the Sahel?
- In the Garden
- North Africa
5. What is an example of a small scale water management project
- Builiding a river
- Tanzania - Afridev handpumps
- Drinking less water