1. What is an example of a large scale water management project?
- China - South-North transfer project
- Themes river
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. How do these handpumps work?
- It accesses water from underground and is pumped up the the surface with pipes. It is not a very hard machine to operate on.
- One person turns a wheel for a whole day to generate electricity to bring the water up.
3. Global Warming may lead to more very dry and very wet seasons. True or False.
- True. This is happening in the UK and Bangladesh
- False. That could never happen. It is likely that it will only be hot because Global Warming means heating.
4. There is going to be a decrease of wetlands as a result of Global Warming.
- True. This is the case in Sahel
- False. There is still lots of rain.
5. Where is the Sahel?
- In the Garden
- North Africa