1. What are the social impacts of water shortages in the Sahel
- People have more babies
- Farmers cannot grow crops and there is not a lot of drinking water available
- People are moving to other places
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. How do these handpumps work?
- It accesses water from underground and is pumped up the the surface with pipes. It is not a very hard machine to operate on.
- One person turns a wheel for a whole day to generate electricity to bring the water up.
3. There is going to be more drought because of Global Warming
- True. The heat will cause more water to evaporate and water shortages to increase.
- False. Precipitation rate will increase.
4. What is the South-North Transfer project
- It is a dam across the river, which stores water that can be accessed by th North of China as they have less water supplies
- They have built a river so that water can be used by both the South and North
5. What is one bad impact of Deforestation on water supply?
- Global Warming!
- It leads to desertification so precipitation rate can decrease
- Animals lose their habitats so species die out