1. Why is there water shortage in the Sahel region?
- It is landlocked
- The Sahel only has 2 seasons (wet and dry). However, when the rain comes it doesn't last for long so the rest of year is spent in drought.
- It is near the equator.
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. There is going to be a decrease of wetlands as a result of Global Warming.
- True. This is the case in Sahel
- False. There is still lots of rain.
3. There is going to be more drought because of Global Warming
- True. The heat will cause more water to evaporate and water shortages to increase.
- False. Precipitation rate will increase.
4. Where has overe-abstraction of ground water reserves taken place in?
5. It is likely that flood rate is going to decrease rapidly as a result of Global Warming
- False. The glaciers are melting so more water is being added to the seas and rivers.
- True. There will be more barriers around rivers due to urbanisation so floods are not likely to take place.