1. How many membranes in 5ml of hepatocytes?
- A tennis court size
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why do cells and organelles have different compartments? 1. to sequester toxic substances 2. To simplify the metabolic system 3. to maintain different environments in different parts in the cell 4. to enable them to produce toxins
- 1, 2 and 3 are correct
- 1 and 3 only are correct
- 2 and 4 only are correct
- 4 only is correct
3. What are microvilli?
- Small finger like extensions on the surface of epithelial cells
- Ingrowths of the cell wall
- Small finger like extensions on the surface of intestinal cells
- Large extensions on the surface of epithelial cells
4. What are the 3 components of the cytoskeleton
- Microfilaments, microtubules and indeterminate filaments
- Microtubules, Microfllaments and intermediate filaments
- Dynein, Kinesin and Mucin
- Actin, Myosin and Kinesin
5. Why is the nucleus compartmentalized?
- To enable gene expression to be regulated by post transcriptional modifications
- To enable different pH's to be established
- To enable translation of mRNA
- To enable gene transcription