1. What size molecules can be transported out of the nuclear pores
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why do cells and organelles have different compartments? 1. to sequester toxic substances 2. To simplify the metabolic system 3. to maintain different environments in different parts in the cell 4. to enable them to produce toxins
- 2 and 4 only are correct
- 4 only is correct
- 1, 2 and 3 are correct
- 1 and 3 only are correct
3. Why is the nucleus compartmentalized?
- To enable gene transcription
- To enable gene expression to be regulated by post transcriptional modifications
- To enable translation of mRNA
- To enable different pH's to be established
4. How many membranes in 5ml of hepatocytes?
- A tennis court size
5. What are the plasmodesmata?
- Pores in the cell membrane of the plant cell
- Channels which water travel through in the plant cells
- Cytoplasmic channels to enable cell to cell communication between plant cells
- Cytoplasmic channels to enable cell to cell communication between animal cells