1. Define the following explanation of gender dysphoria: 'Parents of people with gender dysphoria often report that they encouraged and gave attention to their children when they cross dressed. This could contribute to confusion between sex and gender
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Support--> 70 boys with gender dysphoria, none of which had evidence of biological causes such as altered hormone levels, instead common factor was a lack of stereotypical male model
- Ehrhardt and Money
3. Define the following explanation of gender dysphoria: 'Prenatal hormone levels may be affected by genetic conditions which can lead to a mismatch between hormones and biological sex.'
- Psychosocial Approach
- Biological Explanation
- Biosocial Approach
4. Gender Dysphoria is...
- Being born half male and half female
- Experience of being uncomfortable with the gender assigned to an individual at birth
- Not knowing your gender
5. What are some solutions to Gender Dysphoria?
- Behavioural Therapy
- Sex change operation, gender reassignment
- There are no solutions