1. At Yalta, the 'Declaration of Liberated Europe' was agreed, what was it?
- An agreement that all Eastern European countries could hold free elections
- An agreement that there would never be an international war in Europe again
- An agreement that Germany would have to pay reparations
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the status of Germany at the time of the Potsdam conference?
- Germany had just been defeated
- Germany had not yet been defeated
- Most of the German army were fighting Japan
3. It was agreed Germany would pay reparations, why were there disagreements about this at Potsdam?
- Attlee and Truman thought Stalin wanted too much in reparations
- Stalin thought Attlee and Truman wanted too much in reparations
- Truman wanted USA to receive the most in reparations to cover military expenses
4. Why was Roosevelt's death significant?
- Because Truman was very anti-communist and found it hard to agree with Stalin
- His death was followed by a day of national mourning
- Roosevelt frequently clashed with Stalin at the Yalta conference and could not agree with him
5. When was the Potsdam conference?
- February 1945
- July 1945
- November 1945