1. At Potsdam why were Britain and France alarmed?
- Stalin admitted to the USSR having thermonuclear weapons
- Communists were coming into power in eastern Europe
- Communism was spreading in Asia
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who was at the Potsdam conference?
- Churchill, Truman and Stalin
- Attlee, Truman and Stalin
- Attlee, Roosevelt and Stalin
3. Which conference had the most disagreements?
4. At Potsdam why was Stalin angry that Truman dropped the two atomic bombs on Japan?
- He was angry that Truman had the bomb and hadn't told him
- He believed it was inhumane
- Stalin's Soviet troops were already fighting the Japanese in Japan
5. At Yalta, it was agreed a government of 'national unity' would be set up in Poland comprising of communists and non communists. Why, at Potsdam, was Truman angry at Stalin?
- He had arrested the non-communist leaders in Poland
- He had murdered all the non-communists in Poland
- He prevented the government of 'national unity' being set up