1. At Yalta, it was agreed a government of 'national unity' would be set up in Poland comprising of communists and non communists. Why, at Potsdam, was Truman angry at Stalin?
- He prevented the government of 'national unity' being set up
- He had arrested the non-communist leaders in Poland
- He had murdered all the non-communists in Poland
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. It was agreed Germany would pay reparations, why were there disagreements about this at Potsdam?
- Attlee and Truman thought Stalin wanted too much in reparations
- Stalin thought Attlee and Truman wanted too much in reparations
- Truman wanted USA to receive the most in reparations to cover military expenses
3. Who was at the Yalta conference?
- Churchill, Roosevelt and Stalin
- Attlee, Roosevelt and Stalin
- Attlee, Truman and Stalin
4. At Yalta, the 'Declaration of Liberated Europe' was agreed, what was it?
- An agreement that all Eastern European countries could hold free elections
- An agreement that there would never be an international war in Europe again
- An agreement that Germany would have to pay reparations
5. What was the status of Germany at the time of the Potsdam conference?
- Most of the German army were fighting Japan
- Germany had just been defeated
- Germany had not yet been defeated