1. What state (s,l,g,aq) and colour is FLUORINE at room temp?
- gas, pale yellow
- gas, pale blue
- liquid, brown
- solid, grey
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do dot and cross diagrams show?
- Metallic bonds
- Covalent bonds
- Ionic bonds
- Flame tests
3. What group are alkali metals in?
4. How do you test for a carbonate?
- Add a dilute acid. If the gas produced bubbles off, test with limewater. If the limewater turns cloudy it contains CO2, meaning the carbonate is confirmed.
- Placing it in solution with silver nitrate, a white precipitate will be formed if carbonate is present.
- Blow it up, if the smoke is green carbonate is present.
- Bubble it in HCl - it will fizz if carbonate is present.
5. Most simple molecular substances don't dissolve in water - with exception to.... ?
- Sugar (sucrose)