1. What Structual factor creates deviance in society according to Strain Theory?
- The unequal opportunity structure
- A society based on materialistic values
- The strain between the working-class and the powerful
- unfair education system
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the term Anomie mean?
- a society based on crime
- A sense of normlessness
- a strong sense of values and norms
- unfairness in society
3. What ideas did Cohen develop?
- Boundary Maintenance
- Broken Windows
- Status Frustration
- Strain Theory
4. Durkheim argued that society was based on two things, what are they?
- Value Consensus and Social Solidarity
- Social Solidarity and Strain
- Strain and Anomie
- Social control and Anomie
5. What sociologist created Strain Theory?