1. What was the positive side of crime (Durkheim)?
- The more attached you are the less you commit crime - only those not needed will commit it
- Helps society change and remain dynamic, builds collective conscience
- Too much crime leads to social disruption, anomie
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is re-affirming the boundaries?
- When horrible crimes have taken place, the community strengthens and feels a sense of belonging
- The media that crime atttracts publicly re-affirms the values of society
- Any sympathy that crime attracts can prove social change in values and lead to changes in the law
3. How does anomie affect crime and what should be done about it?
- It doesnt affect it - Nothing
- Where anomie exists, crime rates rocket - Only by re-affirming the collective values can it be brought back into control
- Where anomie exists, crime rates fall - Only by re-affirming the collective values can it be brought back into control
4. Who later adapted and developed anomie?
5. What type of theory is Functionalism?
- Strucuturalist theory
- Social Action theory