1. What were Durkheim's four positive aspects of crime?
- Attachment, Commitment, Involvement, Belief
- Re-affirming the boundaries, Changing values, Social cohesion, Safety valve
- Changing the boundaries, Keeping the same values, Social cohesion, Safety valve
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the negetive side of crime (Durkheim)?
- It only benefits the rich in society
- Too much crime leads to social disruption, anomie
- Helps society change and remain dynamic, builds collective conscience
3. What is changning values?
- Any sympathy that crime attracts can prove social change in values and lead to changes in the law
- The media that crime atttracts publicly re-affirms the values of society
- Deviant acts can release pressure (eg prostitution releases men's pressure without threatneing the family as an insitution)
4. What is an extra positive function of crime in society?
- It provides employment in society - lawyers, police, etc
- It re-affirms the boundaries of what's acceptable in society
- Allows changing values to appear and influence the law
5. How are these bonds taught?
- Through socialisation
- By agents of formal socail control
- By By secondary socialisation only