1. Does Functionalism answer the problem of Multiple Realisability?
- Sometimes, if you use the non-reductive theory
- There is no problem
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Absent Qualia is.....
- We can clearly and distinctly conceive of any functional system without qualia
- We cannot clearly and distinctly conceive of any functional without qualia
- Nothing even related to Functionalism
3. Which Room does Searle use to criticise Functionalist beliefs regarding intentionality?
- The Room Of Functions
- The Room Of Intention
- The Chinese Room
- The Japanese Room
4. Functionalism basically belives that....
- The mind and the body exist in seperate realms
- S-fibres firing in a snail is different from everything
- C-fibres firing in me is the same as S-fibres firing in a snail
- The mind and the body need to stop all interaction
5. A causal role is what?
- Basically, syntax
- Caused by the outputs to relate back to the input
- Caused by the inputs to produce the output
- Where one acts in pain to produce the question of Inverted Qualia
Similar Philosophy resources: