1. Who argues that too much crime threatens societies stability by challenging its norms and values?
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who believes that deviance is a 'safety valve', and also that it warns us about societies inadequacies?
3. Reactions to crime clarify boundaries of acceptable behaviour and creates social integration through uniting society against the criminal, forming shared values. It also generates social change.
4. Who developed strain theory?
5. What are Hirschi's four 'bonds' that bind people to society?
- Attachment, involvement, necessity, belief
- Attachment, involvement, commitment, belief
- Conformity, involvement, commitment, belief