1. Deviant tendencies are controlled by schools, the family etc. If these institutions are lacking or weak, deviance will occur.
- Cloward and Ohlin
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who developed strain theory?
3. Who argues that too much crime threatens societies stability by challenging its norms and values?
4. What are Merton's five responses to anomie?
- Conformity, ritualism, retreatism, innovation, rebellion
- Discontent, innovation, rebellion, retreatism, ritualism
- Rebellion, acceptance, innovation, ritualism, conformity
5. What are Hirschi's four 'bonds' that bind people to society?
- Attachment, involvement, commitment, belief
- Conformity, involvement, commitment, belief
- Attachment, involvement, necessity, belief