1. Who believes that deviance is a 'safety valve', and also that it warns us about societies inadequacies?
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are Merton's five responses to anomie?
- Rebellion, acceptance, innovation, ritualism, conformity
- Conformity, ritualism, retreatism, innovation, rebellion
- Discontent, innovation, rebellion, retreatism, ritualism
3. Who argues that too much crime threatens societies stability by challenging its norms and values?
4. What are Hirschi's four 'bonds' that bind people to society?
- Attachment, involvement, necessity, belief
- Attachment, involvement, commitment, belief
- Conformity, involvement, commitment, belief
5. Reactions to crime clarify boundaries of acceptable behaviour and creates social integration through uniting society against the criminal, forming shared values. It also generates social change.