1. What are Hirschi's four 'bonds' that bind people to society?
- Attachment, involvement, commitment, belief
- Conformity, involvement, commitment, belief
- Attachment, involvement, necessity, belief
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Reactions to crime clarify boundaries of acceptable behaviour and creates social integration through uniting society against the criminal, forming shared values. It also generates social change.
3. What are Merton's five responses to anomie?
- Rebellion, acceptance, innovation, ritualism, conformity
- Conformity, ritualism, retreatism, innovation, rebellion
- Discontent, innovation, rebellion, retreatism, ritualism
4. Who argues that too much crime threatens societies stability by challenging its norms and values?
5. Who developed strain theory?