1. Deviant tendencies are controlled by schools, the family etc. If these institutions are lacking or weak, deviance will occur.
- Cloward and Ohlin
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are Hirschi's four 'bonds' that bind people to society?
- Attachment, involvement, commitment, belief
- Conformity, involvement, commitment, belief
- Attachment, involvement, necessity, belief
3. Who believes crime is a product of bad socialisation, mainly because of the family failing to instill the correct norms and values into their offspring?
- Messner and Rosenfeld
4. Who argues that too much crime threatens societies stability by challenging its norms and values?
5. What are Merton's five responses to anomie?
- Conformity, ritualism, retreatism, innovation, rebellion
- Discontent, innovation, rebellion, retreatism, ritualism
- Rebellion, acceptance, innovation, ritualism, conformity