1. Who believes crime is a product of bad socialisation, mainly because of the family failing to instill the correct norms and values into their offspring?
- Messner and Rosenfeld
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who argues that too much crime threatens societies stability by challenging its norms and values?
3. Who believes that deviance is a 'safety valve', and also that it warns us about societies inadequacies?
4. Deviant tendencies are controlled by schools, the family etc. If these institutions are lacking or weak, deviance will occur.
- Cloward and Ohlin
5. Who developed strain theory?