1. Who argues that too much crime threatens societies stability by challenging its norms and values?
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who believes that deviance is a 'safety valve', and also that it warns us about societies inadequacies?
3. What are Merton's five responses to anomie?
- Conformity, ritualism, retreatism, innovation, rebellion
- Discontent, innovation, rebellion, retreatism, ritualism
- Rebellion, acceptance, innovation, ritualism, conformity
4. Who developed strain theory?
5. Deviant tendencies are controlled by schools, the family etc. If these institutions are lacking or weak, deviance will occur.
- Cloward and Ohlin