1. Who believes that deviance is a 'safety valve', and also that it warns us about societies inadequacies?
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are Hirschi's four 'bonds' that bind people to society?
- Attachment, involvement, necessity, belief
- Attachment, involvement, commitment, belief
- Conformity, involvement, commitment, belief
3. Who believes crime is a product of bad socialisation, mainly because of the family failing to instill the correct norms and values into their offspring?
- Messner and Rosenfeld
4. Who argues that too much crime threatens societies stability by challenging its norms and values?
5. Reactions to crime clarify boundaries of acceptable behaviour and creates social integration through uniting society against the criminal, forming shared values. It also generates social change.