1. What wasn't a reason against Peel's new police force?
- Wouldn't work
- Extension of the army
- Feared Invasion of privacy
- Thames river police had failed
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did the great depression not ruin the Weimar republic?
- The social democrats pulled out of the coalition
- The Chancellor had to resort to article 48
- They printed more money to cope with bankrupcy
- They raised taxes, lowered benefits and wages
3. What does not happen in the incubation of beer?
- Yeast respires anaerobically
- Starch is broken down into sugar by enzymes
- Yeast ferments the sugar into alcohol
- Fermenting vessel design prevents unwanted microorganisms and air getting in
4. What is not true about temporary hardness (of water)?
- It is caused by Calcium Sulfate (CaSO4)
- Can be removed using ion exchange resin
- It is caused by Hydrogencarbonate ions (HCO3-)
- Produces insoluble CaCO3 (limescale) when boiled
5. Which does not describe Goering's 4 year plan?
- Tighten control on prices and wages
- Persuade big business to produce key synthetics (rubber, fuel, textiles)
- Use forced labour
- Increase production of materials needed for rearmament
- Trade agreements w/ other countries (their raw materials for German goods)
- Build new industrial plants (Hermann Goering works)