1. In Chapter 6 Victor says 'A flash of lightning illuminated the object'. What is the object he is referring to?
- The necklace Elizabeth had given William to wear the day he was murdered.
- One of the books Victor had studied at Ingolstadt
- The Monster
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who is punished for William's death?
- The monster
3. Fill in the gaps from the start of Chapter 7: 'During the whole of this________ mockery of justice. I suffered________torture.'
- 'pitiful' and 'immense'
- 'wretched' and 'living'
- 'useless' and 'undeniable'
- 'sorrowful' and 'deathly'
4. How does Victor describe Elizabeth when he returns from Ingolstadt?
- 'her countenance conveyed a glimpse of the tears she had shed not long before my arrival'
- 'a great frankness of disposition'
- 'she expressed the greatest anguish'
- 'the shadow of a mother so long taken from us'
5. When Victor finally returns home, how long has it been since he last saw Elizabeth?
- Six years
- Six months
- 5 years
- 2 years