1. How does Victor describe Elizabeth when he returns from Ingolstadt?
- 'her countenance conveyed a glimpse of the tears she had shed not long before my arrival'
- 'the shadow of a mother so long taken from us'
- 'a great frankness of disposition'
- 'she expressed the greatest anguish'
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who is Walton writing to in his letters at the start of the novel?
3. In Chapter 4, how is the Monster described by Victor?
- 'his mouth smirked with deathly defiance'
- 'dismal being'
- 'shrivelled complexion, and straight black lips'
- 'the hue of death befell his creation'
4. In Chapter 6 Victor says 'A flash of lightning illuminated the object'. What is the object he is referring to?
- The necklace Elizabeth had given William to wear the day he was murdered.
- The Monster
- One of the books Victor had studied at Ingolstadt
5. When Victor finally returns home, how long has it been since he last saw Elizabeth?
- 2 years
- Six years
- 5 years
- Six months