1. How does Victor describe Elizabeth when he returns from Ingolstadt?
- 'a great frankness of disposition'
- 'the shadow of a mother so long taken from us'
- 'she expressed the greatest anguish'
- 'her countenance conveyed a glimpse of the tears she had shed not long before my arrival'
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. In Chapter 4, how is the Monster described by Victor?
- 'the hue of death befell his creation'
- 'his mouth smirked with deathly defiance'
- 'shrivelled complexion, and straight black lips'
- 'dismal being'
3. Fill in the gaps from the start of Chapter 7: 'During the whole of this________ mockery of justice. I suffered________torture.'
- 'pitiful' and 'immense'
- 'sorrowful' and 'deathly'
- 'wretched' and 'living'
- 'useless' and 'undeniable'
4. Complete the quote from Walton's second letter; 'I bitterly feel the want of a...'
5. Who is Walton writing to in his letters at the start of the novel?