1. In Chapter 4, how is the Monster described by Victor?
- 'his mouth smirked with deathly defiance'
- 'shrivelled complexion, and straight black lips'
- 'the hue of death befell his creation'
- 'dismal being'
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Fill in the gaps from the start of Chapter 7: 'During the whole of this________ mockery of justice. I suffered________torture.'
- 'wretched' and 'living'
- 'sorrowful' and 'deathly'
- 'useless' and 'undeniable'
- 'pitiful' and 'immense'
3. Complete the quote from Walton's second letter; 'I bitterly feel the want of a...'
4. In Chapter 6 Victor says 'A flash of lightning illuminated the object'. What is the object he is referring to?
- The Monster
- One of the books Victor had studied at Ingolstadt
- The necklace Elizabeth had given William to wear the day he was murdered.
5. What did Victor's father devote himself to?
- The education of his children
- His wife
- His work
- The upbringing of Elizabeth