1. What does the removal of women from creating life reflect in Frankenstein?
- Fear of sex.
- Shelley's anxieties around childbirth (having miscarried) and her fear that women's rights could be fewer.
- Fear of children.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. "I tell him my real name...
- ...and feel that therefore I am known."
- ...and know I am alive."
- ...and regret it."
3. What does Atwood reflect through the removal of children?
- The declining child population.
- The 'Magdalene Laundries' - 18th - 20th Century.
- The rise in adoption in the 1980's.
4. What scientific advancement inspired both authors?
5. Why did the ERA fail?
- The amendment was not advertised.
- Opposition from New Right and Pro-lifers.
- Nobody wanted equality.