- Created by: Jack2103
- Created on: 30-08-20 15:05
1. What happens to the very short and very long hydrocarbons?
- They do not exit and stay in the column
- Very short hydrocarbons with high boiling points exit at the bottom and very long chain hydrocarbons with low boiling pointsexit as gases
- Very long hydrocarbons have very high boiling pointsand exit at the bottem of the column, Short hydrocarbons have low boiling points and exit at the top as gases,
- They both exit as liquids
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happens as the hydrocarbons move up the column?
- As they travel up the column they get cooler, when they fall below there boiling point they turn to as liquid and are removed
- They are slowly heated
- They are slowly cooled
3. Crude Oil is a mixture of what molecules?
4. What are fractions?
- Fractions contain hydrocarbons with a completely different number of carbon atoms
- Fractions contain hydrocarbons with a similar number of carbon atoms
- A fraction is a section of all the hydrocarbons
5. What is the first stage in fractional distillation?
- The crude oil is heated to boil and is evaporated and turned to gas
- The crude oil is heated up and to just below its boiling point and then immediately frozen.
- The crude oil is frozen and turned into a solid block
- The crude oil is heated but not to much that it boils and evaporates