1. Equations always have to...
- contain one oxygen atom
- be positive
- equal 1
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. In an ionic compound, what has to happen?
- A balance of protons and electrons must occur
- The numbers must be equal
- One ion must become positive, the other negative
- The atoms must share electrons
3. What does the ending '-ide' suggest?
- That there are two elements
- That oxygen is present
- That carbon is present
- That there is three elements
4. What does the ending '-ate' suggest?
- That carbon will always be present
- That there are three elements
- That there are three elements and one is oxygen
- That there are two elements and both are metals
5. Bonding powers relate to what?
- The attraction between atoms
- The balancing of an ionic compound
- The balancing of a covalent compound
- The balancing of an equation