1. What is the nervous system used for?
- To detect impulses which come from the enviroment
- To detect stimuli - changes in the enviroment
- Transmitting infomation through electrical and chemical signals around the body
- Transmitting electrical and chemical signals around the body
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happens when an impulse reaches a synaps?
- An electrical current is passed through the synapse causing it to pass onto the next neurone
- A chemical is realised and then starts an electrical impulse in the next neurone
- A chemical is realised which then causes the electrical impulse to stop
- A chemical is realised which then squashes the neurones together
3. What is the spinal cord made up off?
- Thick bundle of nerves runnign from the brain
- Lots of bones running from the brain
- Long thin bundle of nerves running from the brain
- Long thin bundle of nerves in your body
4. What does CNS stand for?
- Central Nervous System
- Central No Synapse
- Central Nerve System
- Central Nervous Synapse
5. What are Receptors
- Sensors that detect a stimuli
- Sensors that detect tempreture
- Sensors that detect an electrical impulse
- Sensors that detect a change in your body