1. What was the Scriptural Arguments about?
- The reasoning Wolsey had with the Pope on whether or not divorce was a papal policy
- The validity of Henry and Catherine marriage which relied on her word that her marriage to Prince Arthur was not cosummated.
- The argument between the pope and Wolsey on who would become the King's chief minister
- The argument between Charles V and Henrry viii on who would invade France first.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What queen did Henry want to divorce in order to marry Anne Boleyn?
- Queen Mary
- Catherine of Aragon
- Anne of Cleves
- Jane Seymour
3. What happened in the summer of 1529?
- The pope made Wolsey papal legate for life
- Wolsey died
- Henry used Wolsey's position as papal legate to accuse him of praemunire
- Henry accused Wolsey of treason and he was sent to his palace for 3 days until he had 'understood what he did wrong'
4. What were Diplomatic Manoeuvres
- Charles V's decision not to support the supposed divorce as Catherine of Aragon is his Aunt.
- Henry and Wolsey setting up a new position for England in Europe
- A change in the way Wolsey though-he decided on an alliance with France rather than Spain
- Henry and Anne Boleyn's life in the privy chamber
5. Who was the Battle of the Spurs against?