1. When using iodine in a food test, what substance are you testing for?
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is starch?
- A type of fibre
- A type of protein
- A typr of carbohydrate
- A type of fat
3. What is the test for starch?
- Add two drops of iodine solution to a food sample. If there is any starch you will see a blue or black colour.
- Place a food sample in a test tube of about 1 cm. Add five drops of Buiret solution. If there is any starch you will see a purple colour but this may take a few minnutes to appear.
4. What do scientists mean by the word 'diet'?
- what you eat
- the way your food is digested
- your favourite food
- how much food you eat
5. Give one reason why we need energy from our food.
- for health
- for general body use
- for movement
- for growth and repair