1. Who did the National Guard open fire on in the Champs de Mars meeting?
- The crowd who had begun setting fire to buildings.
- The anarchists in the crowd.
- The peaceful and unarmed crowd.
- The peasants and serfs in the crowd.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How did violence emerge in the Champs de Mars gathering?
- The Assembly called in the Austrian Army to disperse the crowd.
- A group of radicals began setting fire to protestors.
- The Assembly called in the National Guard to disperse the crowd.
- The crowd started shooting at nobles signing the petition.
3. Who led the National Guard in dispersing the crowd?
- Louis XVI
4. Prior to the Massacre, what did the National Assembly pretend had happened to the King?
- That he had been kidnapped.
- That he has been killed.
- That he had gone missing.
- That he had killed two members of the National Assembly.
5. What happened in the weeks following the Champs de Mars Massacre?
- Growth in the demand for an absolute monarchy.
- Decrease in the demand for a republic.
- Growth in the demand for a republic.
- Decrease in the population of Paris.