1. Who led the National Guard in dispersing the crowd?
- Louis XVI
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happened in the weeks following the Champs de Mars Massacre?
- Growth in the demand for an absolute monarchy.
- Decrease in the demand for a republic.
- Growth in the demand for a republic.
- Decrease in the population of Paris.
3. Why was the Champs de Mars chosen for the gathering?
- It was the site of a memorial of the fall of the Bastille.
- It was where the Estates General had met.
- It was the site of a memorial of the Tennis Court Oath.
- It was usual meeting place of the Jacobin Club.
4. Prior to the Massacre, what did the National Assembly pretend had happened to the King?
- That he had killed two members of the National Assembly.
- That he has been killed.
- That he had been kidnapped.
- That he had gone missing.
5. When did the Champs de Mars Massacre take place?
- April 1799
- July 1791
- April 1800
- June 1789