1. What happened in the weeks following the Champs de Mars Massacre?
- Growth in the demand for an absolute monarchy.
- Growth in the demand for a republic.
- Decrease in the population of Paris.
- Decrease in the demand for a republic.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who did the National Guard open fire on in the Champs de Mars meeting?
- The peasants and serfs in the crowd.
- The crowd who had begun setting fire to buildings.
- The peaceful and unarmed crowd.
- The anarchists in the crowd.
3. How did violence emerge in the Champs de Mars gathering?
- The Assembly called in the National Guard to disperse the crowd.
- A group of radicals began setting fire to protestors.
- The crowd started shooting at nobles signing the petition.
- The Assembly called in the Austrian Army to disperse the crowd.
4. When did the Champs de Mars Massacre take place?
- July 1791
- April 1799
- June 1789
- April 1800
5. Why did a crowd gather at the Champs de Mars?
- To protest against the National Assembly.
- To witness the execution of Louis.
- To sign a petition arguing against the King's reinstatement.
- To sign a petition demanding Marie Antoinette be crowned Queen.