1. How did violence emerge in the Champs de Mars gathering?
- The Assembly called in the Austrian Army to disperse the crowd.
- The Assembly called in the National Guard to disperse the crowd.
- The crowd started shooting at nobles signing the petition.
- A group of radicals began setting fire to protestors.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How did the National Assembly deal with Louis following his attempted escape?
- Louis was asked to apologise before a crowd.
- Louis was to return to his position as absolute monarch.
- Louis had his powers taken away.
- Louis was immediately deported.
3. What happened in the weeks following the Champs de Mars Massacre?
- Growth in the demand for a republic.
- Decrease in the demand for a republic.
- Decrease in the population of Paris.
- Growth in the demand for an absolute monarchy.
4. How many people were killed in the Champs De Mars Massacre?
- None, but hundreds were injured.
5. Why did a crowd gather at the Champs de Mars?
- To protest against the National Assembly.
- To sign a petition arguing against the King's reinstatement.
- To sign a petition demanding Marie Antoinette be crowned Queen.
- To witness the execution of Louis.