1. Why was the Champs de Mars chosen for the gathering?
- It was the site of a memorial of the fall of the Bastille.
- It was where the Estates General had met.
- It was the site of a memorial of the Tennis Court Oath.
- It was usual meeting place of the Jacobin Club.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How did violence emerge in the Champs de Mars gathering?
- The Assembly called in the National Guard to disperse the crowd.
- The crowd started shooting at nobles signing the petition.
- The Assembly called in the Austrian Army to disperse the crowd.
- A group of radicals began setting fire to protestors.
3. When did the Champs de Mars Massacre take place?
- July 1791
- April 1799
- June 1789
- April 1800
4. What happened in the weeks following the Champs de Mars Massacre?
- Growth in the demand for an absolute monarchy.
- Growth in the demand for a republic.
- Decrease in the population of Paris.
- Decrease in the demand for a republic.
5. How many people were killed in the Champs De Mars Massacre?
- None, but hundreds were injured.