1. Prior to the Massacre, what did the National Assembly pretend had happened to the King?
- That he had killed two members of the National Assembly.
- That he has been killed.
- That he had been kidnapped.
- That he had gone missing.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many people were killed in the Champs De Mars Massacre?
- None, but hundreds were injured.
3. What happened in the weeks following the Champs de Mars Massacre?
- Growth in the demand for a republic.
- Decrease in the demand for a republic.
- Decrease in the population of Paris.
- Growth in the demand for an absolute monarchy.
4. How did violence emerge in the Champs de Mars gathering?
- A group of radicals began setting fire to protestors.
- The Assembly called in the National Guard to disperse the crowd.
- The Assembly called in the Austrian Army to disperse the crowd.
- The crowd started shooting at nobles signing the petition.
5. When did the Champs de Mars Massacre take place?
- April 1799
- July 1791
- April 1800
- June 1789