1. How many people were killed in the Champs De Mars Massacre?
- None, but hundreds were injured.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who led the National Guard in dispersing the crowd?
- Louis XVI
3. Who did the National Guard open fire on in the Champs de Mars meeting?
- The peasants and serfs in the crowd.
- The crowd who had begun setting fire to buildings.
- The peaceful and unarmed crowd.
- The anarchists in the crowd.
4. How did violence emerge in the Champs de Mars gathering?
- A group of radicals began setting fire to protestors.
- The crowd started shooting at nobles signing the petition.
- The Assembly called in the National Guard to disperse the crowd.
- The Assembly called in the Austrian Army to disperse the crowd.
5. Why did a crowd gather at the Champs de Mars?
- To sign a petition arguing against the King's reinstatement.
- To sign a petition demanding Marie Antoinette be crowned Queen.
- To protest against the National Assembly.
- To witness the execution of Louis.