1. "the back kitchen, where a gleam of fire, raked compactly together, enabled me to...
- burn the letter."
- rekindle my fire."
- stay warm."
- see in the dark."
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. "Excepting a few provincialisms of slight consequence, you have no marks of the manners which I..
- am habituated to consider as peculiar to your class."
- am used to encountering with your class."
- usually encounter with those of your class."
- am habituated to encounter with those of your class."
3. "My love for Heathcliff resembles...
- the eternal rocks"
- that of an owner to a dog."
- my love for Linton."
- his love for me."
4. "My love for Linton is like foliage in the woods. Time...
- will change it."
- will strengthen it."
- will destroy it."
- will keep it the same."
5. "It was the same room into which he had been ushered, as a guest, ...
- eighteen years before."
- seventeen years before."
- nineteen years before."
- twenty years before."