1. What is the cycle of moral panic?
- a criis happens, whitch hunt, panic, counter action, sensification and amplificaition.
- sensification, amplificaiton, whitch hunt, pani and counter action.
- A crisis happens.The public then becomes sensitive to the issue. Deviants in society are hunted to become scapegoats. The goverment adds defination to the issue and now appears to be fact. The deviant issue is escallated: there is panic in the public
- counter action, panic, amplification, whitch hunt and sensificaiton.
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. what is the negoitionted reading??
- when you change it.
- when you get the producer's hoped view on the text
- Acknowledge the preffered reading but modfying it to their own values and reads.
- when you adapt it to your own values and opions
3. how does this theory work?
- the media uses a scapegoat in order to manipulate and purusade their audience to a certain motion. Disportionate responces by the public are seen as endangering the social values. Therefore sollutions must be found to prevent mass hysteria.
- by creating mass hysteria
- by having everyone quesiton their morals
- by seeing whos the moral compass
4. what is the oppositional reading?
- The audience may reject the preffered reading and recieve their own message.
- when you take the preffered reading
- the opposite reading
- your own added values and opions
5. what is the preffered reading?
- when you have an opion over something rather the other
- What the producer hopes the audiecne would take from the text.
- when you prefer to read a book rather than a comic
- when you want it