1. What is the cycle of moral panic?
- a criis happens, whitch hunt, panic, counter action, sensification and amplificaition.
- A crisis happens.The public then becomes sensitive to the issue. Deviants in society are hunted to become scapegoats. The goverment adds defination to the issue and now appears to be fact. The deviant issue is escallated: there is panic in the public
- counter action, panic, amplification, whitch hunt and sensificaiton.
- sensification, amplificaiton, whitch hunt, pani and counter action.
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does the "reception theory" work?
- Based on Stuart Hall's encoding and decoding of the media which is used to explain the relationship between the text and the viewer. The text is encoded by the director and decoded by the viewer.
- by holding a large reception with figer sandwhiches and cocktail drinks.
- by seeing how the audience reacts to the film.
3. what is the preffered reading?
- when you have an opion over something rather the other
- when you want it
- What the producer hopes the audiecne would take from the text.
- when you prefer to read a book rather than a comic
4. However what is the main issue of this cycle?
- The real problem is never realy solved.
- not all events occour in this order.
- it's often moral angst rather tham moral panic
- the idea of labeling people in society.
5. what is the oppositional reading?
- when you take the preffered reading
- the opposite reading
- The audience may reject the preffered reading and recieve their own message.
- your own added values and opions