1. how does this theory work?
- the media uses a scapegoat in order to manipulate and purusade their audience to a certain motion. Disportionate responces by the public are seen as endangering the social values. Therefore sollutions must be found to prevent mass hysteria.
- by seeing whos the moral compass
- by creating mass hysteria
- by having everyone quesiton their morals
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. what is the negoitionted reading??
- when you change it.
- Acknowledge the preffered reading but modfying it to their own values and reads.
- when you adapt it to your own values and opions
- when you get the producer's hoped view on the text
3. what is the preffered reading?
- when you have an opion over something rather the other
- What the producer hopes the audiecne would take from the text.
- when you prefer to read a book rather than a comic
- when you want it
4. What is the cycle of moral panic?
- a criis happens, whitch hunt, panic, counter action, sensification and amplificaition.
- sensification, amplificaiton, whitch hunt, pani and counter action.
- A crisis happens.The public then becomes sensitive to the issue. Deviants in society are hunted to become scapegoats. The goverment adds defination to the issue and now appears to be fact. The deviant issue is escallated: there is panic in the public
- counter action, panic, amplification, whitch hunt and sensificaiton.
5. How does the "reception theory" work?
- by seeing how the audience reacts to the film.
- Based on Stuart Hall's encoding and decoding of the media which is used to explain the relationship between the text and the viewer. The text is encoded by the director and decoded by the viewer.
- by holding a large reception with figer sandwhiches and cocktail drinks.