1. What is the cycle of moral panic?
- a criis happens, whitch hunt, panic, counter action, sensification and amplificaition.
- sensification, amplificaiton, whitch hunt, pani and counter action.
- A crisis happens.The public then becomes sensitive to the issue. Deviants in society are hunted to become scapegoats. The goverment adds defination to the issue and now appears to be fact. The deviant issue is escallated: there is panic in the public
- counter action, panic, amplification, whitch hunt and sensificaiton.
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. what is the oppositional reading?
- The audience may reject the preffered reading and recieve their own message.
- when you take the preffered reading
- the opposite reading
- your own added values and opions
3. However what is the main issue of this cycle?
- The real problem is never realy solved.
- the idea of labeling people in society.
- not all events occour in this order.
- it's often moral angst rather tham moral panic
4. How does the "reception theory" work?
- Based on Stuart Hall's encoding and decoding of the media which is used to explain the relationship between the text and the viewer. The text is encoded by the director and decoded by the viewer.
- by holding a large reception with figer sandwhiches and cocktail drinks.
- by seeing how the audience reacts to the film.
5. how does this theory work?
- the media uses a scapegoat in order to manipulate and purusade their audience to a certain motion. Disportionate responces by the public are seen as endangering the social values. Therefore sollutions must be found to prevent mass hysteria.
- by seeing whos the moral compass
- by creating mass hysteria
- by having everyone quesiton their morals